Dowsewasheres 1998 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the idea on the tahoe. If I buy another truck in the future I will probably do the same. I would do something on the fox like that but I kinda want to keep it clean and close to factory as a I can besides the lift. :lol:

Minus the lift, hood, visor, etc

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3-23-15

Here is a thread bump to resurrect the dead.

Here is my original thread for the tahoe when I bought it. So save you some time here's a condensed list of things I've done since my last posts.
-Buy a 2012 VW Passt (08-19-2013)
-Wheeled the snot out of this thing
-Blew both upper ball joints
-Changed the oil to Valvoline Max life Semi-Synthetic
-Sold the subwoofer
-Tried to fix some rust
-Tailgate fell off haha
-Driven it roughly 200 miles a month for the year and a half of not daily driving it

That its.

Here are the updated plans for this pile over the next six months.
-New shocks
-New Ball Joints
-New Water Pump/Thermostat
-Keep fighting this rust
-New Filters and Fluids
-New Speakers because the $50 kenwoods SUCK
-Key Fob
-1-2inch Lift
-33inch Tires
-Finish the exhaust
-Custom Roof basket and rear bumper(My buddies a welder so that going to happen)

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
8-13-15

Another randomly long update.

Let my dad borrow it after a ATF line exploded and killed his trans in his 2006 GMC Sierra 1500. He managed to kill both front wheel bearings and 3 out of the four front U-Joints... He did manage to get my mirror temp gauge to reread in Fahrenheit although I'm very good reading in Celsius. Regardless So two Moog wheel bearing assemblies along with Napa u joints this pile is back and better than ever. I decided to not touch the cooling system after it just towed a 1999 forester winter beater over 160+ miles for almost 3 hours and the gauge didn't so move too much. I plan on driving this A LOT this winter so the last few things on the list are a complete set of fluids; Trans, Transfer, Rear diff. Once that's done I don't plan on doing too much more. I also POR-15 the whole frame again this year, it wasn't completely re rusty but I figured just do it for the peace of mind.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just found this thread and liking the direction your taking you Tahoe. I noticed your in NY, I'm in NY too. I live about 30 mins away from Albany.

Looking forward to reading more on your progress.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck just passed inspection. Been driving this thing sparsely because I daily my 2012 Passat. I still have ball joints and fluids. I think the truck has started to leak from either the transfer case or the motor.

Does anyone know the color of stock transfer case fluid because its clearish and I thought the NP241 took ATF. It also doesnt smell like gear oil or 5w30 haha. Oh well.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
It should be the color of ATF. like a redish color

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
.... Awesome. I switched from dino oil, to syth and back to dino. The syn did nothing good for it. Now its ball joints, fluids, water pump and now an oil dribble from somewhere. If its the intake gaskets so help me god.