Dowsewasheres 1998 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thread bump from the dead.

History
I Purchased a 1998 Teal Tahoe off of craigslist for $2500 and thought it was a steal, even passed 2014 NY Inspection. Her previous owner had it as his 2nd vehicle and due to the poor economy needed to get rid of it. From her maintenance records she has been driven roughly 600 miles between 2/13 and 8/11. She had complete front brake work done as well as sway bars and a battery. Let me be the first to tell you this thing is CLEAN. Inside and out. For a 15year old Tahoe being a NY vehicle the only thing that needs attention is the frame being very crusty after sitting. Rockers, doors, and the tail gate will need minor attention to prevent the rust but hell its my first truck and GMT400. One of the most interesting things I noticed about my Tahoe is that i have the 4DR and well, it has a two seat third row which is currently sitting in my shed but still. I believe its a special only option and well i have YET to see another.

Specs:
LT
154,000 Miles
5.7l Vortec
4L60E
10 Bolt rear end
4X4 on the floor
Tailgate/ Hatch rear window
Power everything
3rd row of seating.

What my plans are once more money comes in and warm weather (in order of what needs to be done):
- Undercoat with POR15 (frame, crossmembers, axle, IFS, driveshaft, Wheel wells) - DONE
- Sand rockers and bottom of door, paint with truck bed liner or POR15 - DONE
- New 265/70R16 - DONE
- New rear bumper
- Vacuum and Shampoo - DONE
- Fog Lights or just like KC's - DONE
- New head unit - DONE
- Those window guard things? - DONE
- HD mirrors (my motorized ones are toast)
- Im thinking a 1-2" BL to clear 285s... not positive
- Small Roof basket

You must be registered for see images attach

Rain Guards

Fog Lights

Chrome Lips removed (I.HATE.RUST!)

Subwoofer and bedlined trunk

Radar and Headunit

Last edited:

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Nice rig, is that the 7" flip out? Im lookin at the 9.3" for the pontiac, how good is the head unit?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Also you can clear 285's without bl just a little crank, and im fixin to build a basket for mine

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice rig, is that the 7" flip out? Im lookin at the 9.3" for the pontiac, how good is the head unit?

Yeah the 7in. And i really like the unit. Bluetooth works good. The picture and touch response is much better than expected. Software is straightforward too. I had no idea they made a 9in

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of bumpers you getting?

I'm thinking something like taylors before he sold his maroon z71. That flush with d rings. Then the front remove the bumper and run strictly bullbar. Then rocksliders incoorperated side steps. I want a really rugged looking overland style tahoe

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I'm thinking something like taylors before he sold his maroon z71. That flush with d rings. Then the front remove the bumper and run strictly bullbar. Then rocksliders incoorperated side steps. I want a really rugged looking overland style tahoe

Im buildin rockslider steps for mine too haha, gonna build them so they angle down instead of up

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I like the idea on the tahoe. If I buy another truck in the future I will probably do the same. I would do something on the fox like that but I kinda want to keep it clean and close to factory as a I can besides the lift. :lol: