Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What's it smell like and when does it smell? My Z06 would reek any time after you put your foot in it. Now it reeks all the time because it's catless. I found it strange that a newer generation motor would stink more, but it could be due to how much shorter the piping is?

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
What's it smell like and when does it smell? My Z06 would reek any time after you put your foot in it. Now it reeks all the time because it's catless. I found it strange that a newer generation motor would stink more, but it could be due to how much shorter the piping is?

It mainly smells stupid rich; sometimes when it's cold out in the morning it'll smell like raw eggs though. I think it's either the EGR, cats, or a sensor isn't jiving with the computer.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
@Jay33089
Finally found one! I got excited when I saw an Esky with the tailgate and hatch in the pull a part yard; mainly was hoping to grab the cluster but some ******* smashed it to bits to take the needles off of it. Got disheartened when I saw the dash bezel was gone.
But I always check all the way through the trucks in the yard. Found it laying on the floorboard next to the lid for the center console.
You must be registered for see images attach

So I now have 3 foglight switches; I need a pigtail for just one though.

I've got an LMC truck HD headlight harness kit and a 4Hi kit on the way; so I need to fix my lights.

I also want to fix the clearcoat, get a spray in bedliner, tint the windows (thinking 35% on the front, 25% over the stock tint in the back) and replace that ****** toolbox in the bed.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
@Jay33089
Finally found one! I got excited when I saw an Esky with the tailgate and hatch in the pull a part yard; mainly was hoping to grab the cluster but some ******* smashed it to bits to take the needles off of it. Got disheartened when I saw the dash bezel was gone.
But I always check all the way through the trucks in the yard. Found it laying on the floorboard next to the lid for the center console.

So I now have 3 foglight switches; I need a pigtail for just one though.

I've got an LMC truck HD headlight harness kit and a 4Hi kit on the way; so I need to fix my lights.

I also want to fix the clearcoat, get a spray in bedliner, tint the windows (thinking 35% on the front, 25% over the stock tint in the back) and replace that ****** toolbox in the bed.
Glad you found it! Those ******** are hard to come by! With some whittling on the top hole you can fit a fog switch up there and have the cargo in the middle!
I used the bottom switch to run the fogs in the bumper. Used the top for the white backup lights (or whatever they're called) on my tow mirrors.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Glad you found it! Those ******** are hard to come by! With some whittling on the top hole you can fit a fog switch up there and have the cargo in the middle!
I used the bottom switch to run the fogs in the bumper. Used the top for the white backup lights (or whatever they're called) on my tow mirrors.

That's the plan! I was probably going to wire up a lightbar behind the grill and use the top switch for that; but what you did with your tow mirrors interests me, do the lights really do anything to help?

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
That's the plan! I was probably going to wire up a lightbar behind the grill and use the top switch for that; but what you did with your tow mirrors interests me, do the lights really do anything to help?
If it's really dark they help, but not really. Boost auto sells an upgraded brighter LED to go there. My bro in law has them in his. Damn they light up the world! I'm gonna change them out eventually, but lived without them all these years. Not on top of the priority list!

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Jay33089

That’s how I’ve found my last four fog switches! Always dig!

There is usually a green wrapped plug in the burbs taped up next to the instrument cluster. Exact same connector for the fog switch.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Small update time; got my headlight harness and 4Hi kit in, not sure when I'll have time to get everything installed though.
I'm also getting some true 2 1/2 inch tail pipes welded on to replace the choking 2" pipes already on the truck. Debating on an H-pipe in front of the muffler, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
What a coincidence! I just picked up a fog light switch as well. It goes where the 4x4 switch is on the right side. They only wanted $2 for it. Sad thing is, I have the electronic 4x4, so I can't put it in, wish I could find a fog light switch where the passenger air bag switch goes.

So Esky's had fogs? DAMNIT! The wreckers had an Esky last fall, but its now gone. Wished I would've grabbed it.

Jay33089

OBSessed
Reaction score
What a coincidence! I just picked up a fog light switch as well. It goes where the 4x4 switch is on the right side. They only wanted $2 for it. Sad thing is, I have the electronic 4x4, so I can't put it in, wish I could find a fog light switch where the passenger air bag switch goes.

So Esky's had fogs? DAMNIT! The wreckers had an Esky last fall, but its now gone. Wished I would've grabbed it.
You could probably sell that horizontal switch and buy 2-3 vertical switches! Those things are made of unobtainium!