Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've been a little lazy and now about out of money. Thanks house. I spun the engine to TDC #1 and cranked the rockers down. Just as the bolts bottomed out I hit zero lash, so I need longer pushrods but not sure how much longer. I don't even know what stock is, nor do I have the equipment to measure so I'm completely lost and I've found precisely jack and **** via google. I have a sinking feeling it's going to be $200 for ******* pushrods. Also, does anybody know if stock rockers play nice with the adjustable stud conversion?

I cant remember, are the studs 7/16" diameter? If so then they should work fine, with a new set of lock-nuts.

If the originals aren't a 7/16" diameter then summit has some stamped rockers for like $80, and the comp magnum roller tip ones for like $160.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've been a little lazy and now about out of money. Thanks house. I spun the engine to TDC #1 and cranked the rockers down. Just as the bolts bottomed out I hit zero lash, so I need longer pushrods but not sure how much longer. I don't even know what stock is, nor do I have the equipment to measure so I'm completely lost and I've found precisely jack and **** via google. I have a sinking feeling it's going to be $200 for ******* pushrods. Also, does anybody know if stock rockers play nice with the adjustable stud conversion?

You must be registered for see images attach

I found this in a forum post, as far as I know the stock pushrods should be the standard length.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
You could have taken them to a machine shop and had them mesured. Itd take like 2 seconds and theyd probably do it for fres lol

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm poking around the internets and not really seeing the pattern I was anticipating WRT intake gaskets like the small block. My BB had plastic gaskets with silicone looking sealing surfaces, I'm wanting the metal backed gaskets like they offer for the 350 Vortec. Do they not make such a thing for the 454 Vortec?

cool_as_crap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I'm poking around the internets and not really seeing the pattern I was anticipating WRT intake gaskets like the small block. My BB had plastic gaskets with silicone looking sealing surfaces, I'm wanting the metal backed gaskets like they offer for the 350 Vortec. Do they not make such a thing for the 454 Vortec?
The only ones I've seen are the plastic ones. Even felt pro is plastic, maybe somehow improved over stock?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about that, the silicone was all deformed and possibly leaking. I didn't drive the truck very long, but it did have a tiny coolant leak.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Most likely leaking. When I pulled mine before installing the supercharger (around 155k i think?) they were leaking just a tad bit, and i was using a drop of coolant here and there.

You must be registered for see images attach

But they lasted that long, I put the AC Delco ones back in it IIRC.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I just ordered up an AC Delco gasket set. Mine were almost that bad. Gonna have to swing by the machine shop tomorrow and bend over for some valve retainers if I want to have the top end sealed up this weekend, which I do. Everything else will arrive in time.