Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
i know how it feels to be on a budget and almost out of money.
my budgets are so small: i'm already at the end of it before i even start.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can't wait to get it running too. It'll probably sit for a bit once it does so my arterial wound can scab over, but it can sit out of the way then.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hoping to show more progress in 2 weekends. I got the cam in with the new springs after I hunted down the right retainers. I also bought the adjustable valvetrain kit and set the left bank's lash. Couldn't complete the right side because 2 of the rocker inserts were .010" too big and Comp doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. They'll get another angry belittling call from me tomorrow and hopefully cough up the right ****. Pulled a rod and main bearing and they definitely ate some cam so I'll have to order those and roll them in from the bottom like I did with my 1500. Noticed my #7 plug wire was hanging by a thread before I even touched it so add that to the list of holy **** this thing is killing me. Still need to scatter the front diff and recondition/reseal while it's out. Once the motor is sealed I'll pressure wash the bay prior to reassembly. Lots of work ahead of me. . .

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Went to reseal the diff today and realized that the bearings and races were pitted, so knocked the old races out and new bearing set comes tomorrow. Also trying to find a new vent housing since I busted the nip off of mine. Feels like I only go backwards sometimes.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to reseal the diff today and realized that the bearings and races were pitted, so knocked the old races out and new bearing set comes tomorrow. Also trying to find a new vent housing since I busted the nip off of mine. Feels like I only go backwards sometimes.

What does said vent look like? I just bought one for a spare. Might be the same

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Got my hands on the correct 1st design seals and a junkyard diff vent so now I can finish reassembling the front diff. I really just need to stick the donkey dick housing on with outer seals and axle shafts, the big is already mated. Also got an air dam in great shape from the boneyard and a non-411 411 (which in reality is just an LS1-B style PCM).

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Valvetrain is done for now. I'll have to check geometry when the lifters are pumped up all the way. Rolled new rod and main bearings in since some had sucked up metal chunks from the cam. Journals were OK, most looked new actually. Oil pan's on and I just need to finish slapping the diff together and stick it in. Easy peasy. Got the stuff I was missing yesterday to stick the lower intake on and swap out the FPR. Tomorrow I'll reassemble the diff. Goal is to have it running this weekend. We shall see what curve balls I'm dealt. Last night I just noticed the knife edged distributor gear so I ordered a GM one off of Amazon. Guaranteed to be here tomorrow, yeah right. UPS blows. If it shows Saturday I'll be happy.