Bought a CC Dually 454 Whipple

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No interior shots at the moment, but it shows very little use. I'm going to yank the seats and steam clean everything, so for now just envision a cloth tan interior with captains chairs and upper/lower center console. I keep forgetting to get my extra DIC and Homelink out of the Rubbermaid container on the shelf to confirm their existence. Oh, it also has the Suburban style sun visors with the center extensions and tint on all the side/rear windows.

Now for the task at hand, getting to drive the truck to a friend's shop who'll splice the missing frame chunks back in. I had been under the impression that there was about 4" missing, but it turns out there's maybe an inch max missing. Looks like less. I went to the junkyard last weekend and found an 8 lug truck with the same frame thickness as mine and a decent bumper and chopped the frame rails at the shackles to make sure I had enough meat to work with. Now that I have something to reference, you can see that all the hitch bolt holes are untouched. I'm only missing the rear most of the rear bumper mount holes and the last of the rear hole where the bed bolts to the frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

Let's not forget about this gem. I just ordered the hardware kit from Torklift so it can be installed their way and I get the full capacity of it.

This guy looks like he's plugged into the fuel pump, boost a pump for the Whipple? Whatever it is is getting reinstalled with a lot more love instead of just hanging on the outside of the frame for God and the whole world to see.

Before I can drive it up to get the frame done, I need to remove the 3" blocks that are out back and get some stock sized u bolts. I'm pretty sure the thing is slamming the shocks to max travel because it rides like there is no suspension. I test drove one of these before and the rear was not this bad. I realize there's no box on there, but with this leaf pack I doubt it'll have much of an effect.

88 have you had a peek at the ID of the blower inlet? I'm thinking a punched out throttle body would be good for business, but then again the outlet piping looks pretty damn restrictive to.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well I swung by the truck again today to make it legalish. I dropped my temp tags and insurance inside, bolted up the bumper, and ghetto installed some tow lights. Even snapped a couple meh shots of the interior. Here's how close the frame is to being complete.

Then there's the professionally installed tail lights and blinkers.

And the interior that is hands down better than the one in my half ton.

With this oil pressure, I think I got a winner.

How bad is a Tekonsha Voyager? We'll find out when I hook up the trailer.

You can also see the airbag gauge/control panel. I can't wait to have this truck at home so I can figure all this stuff out. Stuff like the squeak from the accessories. I need to address that before I drive the truck up north to get the frame chunks put back in. Only reason for that now is to give the bed bolts something to bite on.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I finally dragged the Rubbermaid container off the shelf with a few goodies that will go onto the dually.

1.5" lift blocks to replace the 3.75" lift blocks that are on there now and likely topping out the shocks, a DIC, and a Homelink to slide into the pre-existing overhead console. Now to order some shorter u-bolts that will hopefully save what's left of my spine as I drive this pig, without a bed, an hour north to make the frame whole again. On another note, my hitch hardware showed up today so I'll likely trailer my half ton up A: to fulfill my desire to tow something with this pig and 2: to eliminate the need for a second driver.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Why not get new extended shocks? Seems easier then changing out u bolts

Because of the ridiculous rake it has. I'd need a full crank up front to match and that ain't gonna happen. Been there done that on the 1500.

83GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Western WA from Eastern WA, aka the wet side from
The Tekonsha Voyager should be a good unit, has been in my experience. It's the model just below the ones with the digital display, controls 1-4 axles like their other models. Knob on the right side is the braking power, knob on the left is to level the braking. There are tuning notes in the install .pdf: http://www.tekonsha.com/support/installation/N9030.pdf

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Let's not forget about this gem. I just ordered the hardware kit from Torklift so it can be installed their way and I get the full capacity of it.

This guy looks like he's plugged into the fuel pump, boost a pump for the Whipple? Whatever it is is getting reinstalled with a lot more love instead of just hanging on the outside of the frame for God and the whole world to see.

88 have you had a peek at the ID of the blower inlet? I'm thinking a punched out throttle body would be good for business, but then again the outlet piping looks pretty damn restrictive to.
Let me tell you something about Torklift products: their powdercoating SUCKS. I have the superhitch, 48" supertruss, and frame mounted camper brackets and every place there is a contact point the powder coating has failed and started to rust underneath it. Washington isn't bad for rust most of the time. If that hitch is in good shape still I highly recommend coating it with bedliner or something to try and extend the life of it.

The module on your frame is for the whipple, if I remember correctly it's called "boost a pump" which increases the voltage to the fuel pump and bumps up the pressure, supposedly with no adverse effects to the lifespan of the pump... When I installed my whipple I didn't have the correct diagram nor could they provide one. The whipple setup uses a computer that intercepts the OEM computer to basically trick it to seeing stock values, along with boosting the fuel pump and running a secondary set of injectors off the fuel rail test port.... I decided all the extra stuff wasn't necessary and had the black box tuned with larger injectors. It worked ok, then ended up tuning a 0411 and it really woke the truck up.

As far as the inlet, unless you were to find a way to mount the headunit differently, the inlet and outlet are restricted and IMO there isn't much you could gain there. Mine pulls like a freight train anyway.