And so it begins.... Riders '89 GMC K3500 ECLB build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Thanks charles

Now that i found out i will have a 7ft bed after cutting down the chassis and bed length it has me rethinking the integrated tire carrier idea since it would easily put me right back to stock length..not good when the plan is to get the truck shorter lol. So the thought im having now is staying with the side hinged gate but having the tire on an angled prerunner style tire carrier between the wheel wells. I would just have mesh in the center of the gate. Its main function is to just keep stuff in the box like the stock gate on our trucks.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well as some of you know from last night this project has been terminated due to the fact i traded the truck for a 1995 Chevy S10 Blazer LS. However this is NOT the end of the Rehab project...Over the next few months i will be searching for either a 1991-94 Crew Cab or a Suburban to take up this project name. And tbh im leaning more towards it being a 'burb. All the same advantages of the old truck but fully enclosed inside allowing for more of an Expedition style build such as what i am doing with Vegas and Relapse. Just larger scale.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
if your gona get a burb there are tons out there with 454's

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
if your gona get a burb there are tons out there with 454's

Yea i have noticed that. And to be honest..i would rather start this sort of offroad build around something i know the entire drivetrain is either at least correct according to vin or original to the truck. And you nailed it on the head with wanting to move up to a big block since that was at one point the plan for rehab. I would be quite happy with either a 454 Big block or a 6.2/early 6.5 Turbo Diesel. By early i mean one of the ones with the mechanical injection pump not the drive by wire crap im dealing with in Vegas...as it is im seriously considering the idea of going mechanical IP with a stand alone trans controller....it would prob be a TON more reliable in that configuration...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Well...i was going to attempt to leave a countdown timer on here to mark this but it seems no matter what i try i cant seem to get one working at this time...But with that said....11 days remain until Rehab returns on July 4th....