And so it begins.... Riders '89 GMC K3500 ECLB build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Murder it out. You can use a cheap HF spray gun and rustoleum to paint it like I did. Mine is satin black rather then flat black.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I spent like $40 to do the whole truck, it was $3.29 a can, of i get a scratch i got part of a can left in the garage, just cover it up

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
any will work- and it's easy as **** to fix up! if my truck needed a paint job it's what I would do. Right now I'm going for the clean lifted look, but soon as she starts going south I'd consider doing a bedline job

Heh i already know the paint set up im using...Duplicolor flat black primer then top coat it with Krylon camouflage Matte black

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Remember i said the final plan may see some last minute changes? After debating it back and forth for awhile i almost went full bore into the idea of going dually...then i realised the spacers im buying from Mobs will also work perfectly for Military Hummer H1 bead lock wheels....which brought about another idea i had...Truggy conversion.

Updated plans:

Suspension and Drivetrain

Rebuild existing 350 or drop in a 454
Rebuilt TH400 transmission with RV shift kit
Rebuilt front suspension
Hydraboost brake upgrade
Crank and block lift
2" body lift
285/75R16 tires on powdercoated Rallye wheels for main road use
36x12.50R16.5 Super swampers on Hummer H1 wheels for off road use
ditch the box and build a truggy tube bed.
Acquire second pair of doors for street/ daily use which will most likely be some aftermarket replacement door shells with the guts from the existing doors.
Modify door hinges to accept bolts in place of door pins for quick change of doors.
Modify existing doors into doors similar to whats on this Chevy

Interior and Electronics

Stereo Stage I
Bucket conversion
Manual transmission steering column
B&M Megashifter on floor with custom console surrounding it.
Rear seat delete and replaced with cargo shelf and back wall for stereo.

Exterior

Diesel front bumper from junkyard coated in bedliner after filling in holes from bumper guards.
Smittybilt Street light bar
94+ GMC W/T grille
Hidden winch mount set up behind front bumper.

Lighting

Diamond cut euro headlight housings (Done)
6000KV H4 Bi Xenon HID kit (Done)
Mean Green HD lighting harness
HF 6" off road lights in center of light bar (Eventually will be replaced with Lightforce 140 "Lance" lights)
Rigid Dually LED lights

Exterior mods:

Two Tone paint (Black upper and lower with white center strip similar to the old Black/Silver trucks)
GMT 800 GMC 3500 badges in body line
Strip and paint stock steel wheels black with center caps
Restored Hummer multi piece bead lock wheels

Stereo Stage I

Precision audio head unit (Done)
Kicker DS46 4x6 speakers in dash (Done)
Kicker DS series 6x9 speakers in back wall
Kicker 4 channel amplifier
Add marine flip cover to head unit for protection of unit when modified doors are in use.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
After seeing this in the Flatbed thread i think i have finally decided on the design of deck im going to run. And the builder added more info after posting this indicating he started with a long bed as well. So I guess mine will be very close in length to this one. Might be a bit longer depending on how things work out for hidden winch mounting.

My old truck, parted out long ago but the bed is still running around on another truck