And so it begins.... Riders '89 GMC K3500 ECLB build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
The light lbar looked better on my 96 since it was all blacked out haha, good to see some progress tho

:321: Yea well not all of us have murdered out vehicles lol...In all seriousness though I have been giving some thought to just spray bombing the entire truck black and running the box i have now for awhile longer till i can afford to buy the one i found in the junkyard.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
:321: Yea well not all of us have murdered out vehicles lol...In all seriousness though I have been giving some thought to just spray bombing the entire truck black and running the box i have now for awhile longer till i can afford to buy the one i found in the junkyard.

I actually like that idea :waytogo: you should do it chris

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score

Murdered out flat black?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I actually like that idea :waytogo: you should do it chris

I might just do so...mask off where the rocker guard is now and paint everything above....though i think i can actually paint over the rocker guard so it all blends together...hmmmm...haha...really easy paint prep then...mask off the windows and window trim..remove the taillights and grille and mask off the door handles. Other then that remove the GMC3500 badges from the doors and replace them with GMT800 style ones later on or new 400 style ones from ebay eventually. Use duplicolor hot rod flat black primer for the base coats and Krylon Camouflage matte black for final coat.

Murdered out flat black?

Yea

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I didnt mask off the bedliner on the rockers when i did mine it blends in really well, but i also painted the door handles and mirrors

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I didnt mask off the bedliner on the rockers when i did mine it blends in really well, but i also painted the door handles and mirrors

Good to know! Hmm the mirrors could stand to get a new paint job since they have rock chips all over the place on them...Something to hold me over till i got ahold of some Towz...

doooo eetttt

I'm thinking i will! Since im prob going to put my old crossover box on the truck i may actually bite the bullet and have a wooden boxliner put in to cover up the messed up floor in the box.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
cheap paint job and it'll look :boobs: when you are done.

Yea...and i have gotten to the point i can remove the grille in seconds lol...not using powertools.....damn foglight mess last year...But i will eventually buy a power screw driver and that will make that job even faster lol. I might still end up buying a used Diesel bumper from the junkyard which will make routing for the light bar wiring a lot cleaner as it will go through the holes in the bumper vs through the grille. And i will get some of those plastic plugs to fill the holes from the bumper guards being removed...well depends on where the holes are actually...might actually have spike fab up some brackets to mount lights to that portion of the bumper for lower mounted amber Rigid Duallys. The openings in the Diesel bumper will also give me access to the free wheel lever on a hidden winch...and most likely will relocate the solenoid pack off of what ever winch i get to under the hood. More then likely mounted in the same area where the second battery would be. Most likely said mount will prob be bolted to said secondary battery mounting location...other wise it may go on the passenger side using the mounting points from the old black box resonator from the original air cleaner set up.