And so it begins.... Riders '89 GMC K3500 ECLB build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Still waiting to see the parts you already have installed

Now that i can actually work on it for more then 10-15 min at a time without freezin the nutz that will happen soon.

Going to attempt to install the following this weekend:

HD harness from Baron
Light bar and connect the Rigid lights

The above now depends on how quiet my weekend may be...it sounds like there is a good chance i could end up doing site opening and closing on sat and inspecting sites on sunday. But those tasks i can work around. Next month may be pretty much shot for installing parts however thanks to the fact that i will be doing 70 hour work weeks for at least a month thanks to the other guard putting in her notice about 2 weeks ago.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Managed to get a decent amount of work done today. Spent about 3 hours at it all said and done. Most of that spent disassembling the front end to route the harness from Baron. I still need to finish routing wires in the interior but thats gotta wait till i can afford some zipties.

Managed to get the following installed today though:

Smittybilt light bar
Connected the Rigid Duallys on the light bar
HD harness from Baron
Airraid intake from Cole

I will need to talk to spike about fabbing up a support bracket for the intake. might even consider having a heat shield fabbed up that bolts to the fender well.

Anyways on to the pics:

You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Whoops....i should have maybe..uh...downloaded the instructions for installing the intake...i thought that silver brace went to the fender...turns out it bolts between the dipstick tube and the engine block lol. Oh well...i will sort it out sometime this week.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
That light bar looks awesome Chris! Well done on the fab work. Those lights really light it up haha

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Good stuff, I'm sure you can see way better now. Honestly can't really say I'm a fan of the lightbar, but to each their own. And I always preach function over form anyways.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
That light bar looks awesome Chris! Well done on the fab work. Those lights really light it up haha

Thanks Kyle. I actually bought the bar it is a Smittybilt street light bar for our trucks. Nfab makes one that is very similar. Scary part is i haven't even hooked up the 6" chrome lights yet lol...

Good stuff, I'm sure you can see way better now. Honestly can't really say I'm a fan of the lightbar, but to each their own. And I always preach function over form anyways.

Oh yea...and with the changes in my job...i will need all the extra visibility i can get.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Dang! I didn't realize that they will be some big spotlights too. I would drive with them on EVERYWHERE I went hahahaha

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Dang! I didn't realize that they will be some big spotlights too. I would drive with them on EVERYWHERE I went hahahaha

Yea the big 6" lights are getting 6000KV Hids which are the same as whats in my headlights. I actually have two more of those same 6" lights, one of them needs a replacement bolt to mount it in place though. I will more then likely see if someone can grab two more of the same light from HF for me so i can have 4 again and eventually possibly mount them on the canopy on the Diesel.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
The light lbar looked better on my 96 since it was all blacked out haha, good to see some progress tho