Alternator bearing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Typically how long will the bearings last in a CS140 after they start squeaking? I want to wait and order a new one from rock auto because it's way cheaper but I can't afford downtime with the truck not to mention I would be pissed if the bearings locked up and I shredded my brand new belt.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
That would be a God question. I had the bearing in mine start squealing and last 3 days, I have had customers last a month. Really hard to say.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Best not mess around once the squeal starts.

Order/buy and replace today if possible.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
replace the belt too while your at it

Did you even read my post?

Thanks guys I'll go get one today mine has been squeeking for a few weeks now but lately it has gotten constant drove it to work today and it squeeked all the way.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Did you even read my post?

Thanks guys I'll go get one today mine has been squeeking for a few weeks now but lately it has gotten constant drove it to work today and it squeeked all the way.

Yep, days are numbered.

You just never know when a screaming bearing is going to totally fail and lock up.....

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WTF, replaced the alternator the idler pulley started squeaking, replaced it now I think the freakin waterpump is squeaking, what a pain in the ***. Is there a difference between the regular waterpump and the heavy duty waterpump for a 454? Also thought I had an exhaust rattle so I got under the truck and started investigating, tapped on the cat with my hand and they both rattle like they are full of pennys...

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sound like one of your pullies are misaligned. And sounds like your cat is done for. Cut out out and put in some straight pipe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk