'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I want a 454 soooo bad; like JR said, simple stuff, except I'd upgrade the cam, lifters, all that, exhaust, and a 411 with a tune.

I saw a set of those turbines on a Cat-eye D-max coming home from work this afternoon; polished up and gloss black. Looked amazing!

I'll probably hold off on any engine upgrades for a little while, I did read that these engines really wake up with a cam and exhaust, but I think i'll wait to do any expensive upgrades till my other GMT project is more complete. I towed/hauled with my mostly stock 01 Silverado 1500 for 8 years, so even in its stock form this truck will be quite the improvement.

Last edited:

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'll probably hold off on any engine upgrades for a little while, I did read that these engines really wake up with a cam and exhaust, but I think i'll wait to do any expensive upgrades till my other GMT project is more complete. I towed/hauled with my mostly stock 01 Silverado 1500 for 8 years, so even in its stock form this truck will be quite the improvement.
[/QUOTE]

My dad has a 3500 HD with the 454, it has 5.13 gears, but it also has 35" tires, and man, that thing has literally hauled semi trailers full of logs out of the woods, then went back and got the cab lol. You'll be happy with it, I'm a bit on the fence about my 350, but I haven't hooked anything to it yet.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I did a few basic upgrades to the 01, it had a 4.8 5spd with factory 4.10s, so it wasn't awful, but had stock suspension (2+1 leafs in the rear), and squatted terribly, and the last few times I towed a vehicle with my 18' car trailer, it was really seeming to struggle. This truck will have about the same horsepower, but a hell of of a lot more torque, and much beefier suspension obviously, so I'm sure i'll be content with it for the time being.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I see you are located in California, how do you feel about making a few bucks and driving across country? :lol:

I'd have to make a stop in Maryland for a second! Would definitely be down if I didn't have to work so damn much. Ask me when I'm retired :D

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Hell I'd almost considering doing it myself but I don't want to have to take off of work, and worst case I wouldn't want something to happen along the way, because I'd be screwed