'98 K2500 RCLB 454 NV4500 Daily/Hauler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
You forgot about the little chrome faux air vents to put on the fenders! Sounds like you want me to turn this thing into a riceriffic truck, but I think i'll pass on that :p Just judging by the pictures, I think i'll throw the new headlights I have saved for my other project in , and throw some covers over the turn signals just to give the front a freshened up look. I also have a brand new moon visor that came with one of the last trucks I just bought that I might consider putting on.

I really wouldn't do much, clean it up, make it reliable and run well.

411 swap, exhaust, and tow houses around

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I really wouldn't do much, clean it up, make it reliable and run well.

411 swap, exhaust, and tow houses around
I don't plan to do anything big, at least for a while. It should already be clean when I get it, and hopefully reliable! Exhaust will definitely be one of the first things I do for sure though.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I don't plan to do anything big, at least for a while. It should already be clean when I get it, and hopefully reliable! Exhaust will definitely be one of the first things I do for sure though.

If your Y pipe is like mine, you'll see it's kind of silly lol.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
You mean true dual into single muffler? I hope its that way, makes it easier to customize.

No, it's like a 2.5" collector, that necks up right after the manifold flange to 2.75", then pinches down under the transmission. One cat is on the front section of pipe, the other is on the rear.

To put duals on it, you'd have to cut the flanges off, and either make new ones, or have a full welded exhaust all the way back

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Well you can plug mufflers in easy enough, but the real bottleneck has got to be the manifold/downpipe flange.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I want a 454 soooo bad; like JR said, simple stuff, except I'd upgrade the cam, lifters, all that, exhaust, and a 411 with a tune.

I saw a set of those turbines on a Cat-eye D-max coming home from work this afternoon; polished up and gloss black. Looked amazing!