97 burb 1tons swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jllanes41

Reaction score
Getting more done. Notice the 3 o'clock position on the inner bearing. But that's why I'm doing what I'm doing....and learning along that way. The inner snap ring is kicking my butt right now, even with a snap ring tool.

Also one tire came in like this, I won't mention where I got them from as I'm waiting a return reply on my email. The place seemed nice when I first ordered so I doubt I'll have any issue. Will update company when a resolution is reached

You must be registered for see images attach

Jllanes41

Reaction score
After all that trouble with the snap ring...I got it all apart. Grease everything up with valveoline synthetic grease and out it all back together. And guess what I forgot to put in.....out of daylight try again tomorrow lol.

Not Bigfoot, but I'll give the company the benefit of the doubt

Jllanes41

Reaction score
GENSCO TIRE is a very reputable and upstanding company. Emailed Bobby there the photos of the tire and he just got back to me (less than 4 hours) that a replacement will be shipped tomorrow at no charge. I would recommend them to anyone looking for military tires.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I understand you were going with the flip kit anyway and your concern was the erosion of the metal on the axle tube, but just an FYI on those crapped-out old U-bolts - you shouldn't re-use them anyway, even if they had still looked good. Always go back with new.

Richard

Jllanes41

Reaction score
The 2nd hub went way easier than the first now that I knew the tricks. First time hub rebuilder and I got both done in a little under 3 hours total. New races, bearings, and seals. Anyone that has been hesitant to try...DO IT!!!! 1st photo is my backyard race tool, to start them I flipped the original race upside down threw in the old bearing and that is a 1 1/2 inch socket, 2in back fit nicely and a few later the race was started. Then I move over to a punch and lightly tapped (FOREVER) to seat the race all the way in. Be careful not to rap on it too hard and bent it. On to the next task

Jllanes41

Reaction score
Reverse steps. Well I didn't really follow steps or a manual, just kinda went along. I've rebuilt dirt bikes and other things so kinda easy to see what needs to happen next. All in all I'd say 1 to 5 this was a 2. Only needed basic hand tools to accomplish the task. That diff cover though! I will be holding off in cutting or grinding on the diff until the whole build is complete. I say a 40 to a 42 inch tire now. But I shall see what happens.