97 burb 1tons swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went with a U-Bolt flip kit when my 14BFF went in too. That is a beefy diff cover! I may need to get me one too.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I noticed in one of your first posts you said 12-14" of lift on 37's?? You are going to TOWER those 37's if you have that much lift! But cool truck by the way.

Jllanes41

Reaction score
I am at a stand still right now, axle is done, tires are on to roll it under the burb....BUT, I don't do any work under a vehicle without an extra person. I know I can do it, but there is always THAT factor. So until I can find a buddy that wants to lend a hand I'm done.

Side note: going to look at a M101A2 today, they guy has 3 to choose from. Should look good behind BigBlack

You must be registered for see images attach

Jllanes41

Reaction score
Axle unbolted about to jack it up to slide out the rear....and my jack takes a dump lol. Off to the store to get another one. I guess 8 years from a harbor freight jack was a lot to ask for! Oh well, I get to upgrade now

So far I'm about $1800 into this swap between buying the axle, rebuild parts, and tools....but learning for my first time is awesome. I wouldn't have it any other way, since tools are always nice to have for the future

Jllanes41

Reaction score
Simulated ride height....everything is done but the drive shaft. Buddy is taking it to work to use a press for the ujoint, then gotta wait for the front tires to get mounted and she's rolling!!!