96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay....i need input....what do you guys think.....rebuilding front end, all the shiney stuff....new grill, lights, bumper etc......do i replace my brush guard? or run without it? im torn. from day one i said im ripping it off(this is my fav nose on any chevy truck) but it grew on me, everyone i know told me to keep it and it makes the truck, makes it my truck etc.....now its getting a face lift and ill spend the money getting a new one if i put one back on, just don't know if i should.....to me it looks sleak stock but looks bigger, tougher, and beefier with the guard.....its all factory centurion,and get to keep fog and driving lights....really like to try to keep the truck just as it was sold from centurion.(with some upgrades. hahaha)

pics for quick look, but both old, has big intercooler hanging down, more lift, diffrent tires, sun visor and roof lights different mirrors, big bed cap with roof lights, etc,,,,so can only get rough idea...its so pretty oem....but kinda leaning to the brush guard fitting the look of the truck better....
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dang it.....leaning to a brush guard....
this is about how the truck looks now with all the addons i did....

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it with the brush guard personally. Brush guards are on a case by case basis for me, and it definitely works on your truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like it with the brush guard personally. Brush guards are on a case by case basis for me, and it definitely works on your truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
cool, thanks!
yeah, i never liked them, very very rarely will i see a truck with one i like, hated it on mine but it grew on me and now im kinda thinking it looks wrong without it....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well....got my new grill and oem emblem.......so when you shop online for a grill look close!!! they are made with the emblem mount half missing....maybe some people are okay with this but i think it looks really bad....especially when you spend $98 on a new emblem!
this is a cheap ebay/ amazon grill.....but i started looking close after i got it and found almost all grills being sold with the right gm parts link number are made like this. so keep your eyes peeled....even lmc has this one.....only place i found right one is classic industries and its $366!
oem

new

oem

new

oem

new

new in front

old in front

old

new

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
right! looks really bad. i ordered this from a1 auto, called and they gave money back and said i can keep this grill.....but i am not going to run it.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so after grill and lights issues i said screw it and put truck back together with all the old parts.....test drove, it runs and drives! shifts smooth, everything worked, until i dropped into manual 2nd gear...no engine braking....im guessing its a seal in the accumulator or something stupid. i drove to work yesterday. no issues. now i have the week off and packing my house up and moving this week. then ill get back to finishing up a few small things and get new nose stuff.

carnutdallas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are you going when you reach TX? What part of the state? Any job lined up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where are you going when you reach TX? What part of the state? Any job lined up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
im heading to stafford ct, staying in my parents barn/apartment and saving up some money for a few months(killed my savings fixing my 67 and my truck the last few months), then im heading to the dfw area. no job yet. kinda just going to wing it at this point. just need to get out of ct!