96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im trying! haha. all the house stuff is over with, moved into my parents barn apartment, had to put new flooring and running water, shower, etc up there on my week vacation i took before i moved. its so nice being out of the city, i can walk outside and shoot my guns! love that.

im still playing catch up, i have one more bill to pay off before im 100% debt free! just paid off both tool truck guys at work, that felt good. its so expensive to live here, i cant wait to get out. im going to try to pay off this last bill while i save and get out.....already getting cold and had a few frosty mornings....im already over winter and its not even here yet.
after living here a few months im rethinking the dfw "city" and looking on the outskirts of the area, know i need to be near a city for a good paying job so its a trade off. gotta keep close...

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh and my truck is killing me... now that its a 50 min drive one way, all highway to work my truck started eating oil. not sure if shes just worn out or cracked piston but its not liking the highway (always had alot of blow by,will pressurize under your finger.). i sit at about 3-4 psi boost on a flat at 65, 8-10 psi at 75....i drove to upstate ny a few weeks ago and round trip ate a gallon of oil! i have the big filter so it holds 2 gal...but still.... gotta keep her alive till i move. been looking for junk yard engines to swap, dont really want to rebuild unless i do it right and dont have money for that now. these are hard to find around here........always something

carnutdallas

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well hope to give you some work. You would probably Love Fort Worth. I would look out that way. I am in Frisco and Dallas, about 25 mile commute. All the Diesel shops are on Industrial in Dallas. And then West of Fort Worth. Lots of options though. Keep in touch. But I got some dollars you can make if you get here, at least some work for side money, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well hope to give you some work. You would probably Love Fort Worth. I would look out that way. I am in Frisco and Dallas, about 25 mile commute. All the Diesel shops are on Industrial in Dallas. And then West of Fort Worth. Lots of options though. Keep in touch. But I got some dollars you can make if you get here, at least some work for side money, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thank you, very good to know....i just woke up to everything covered in snow....starting to think i wont make it through the winter here.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
We had a light frost here the past couple days. Today all the Mexicans here at work are dressed up like it's -20 out. I'm still in shorts and a hoody. LOL

I have to admit, I miss the snow since I moved here. But, I don't miss the long, dreary cold winters!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We had a light frost here the past couple days. Today all the Mexicans here at work are dressed up like it's -20 out. I'm still in shorts and a hoody. LOL

I have to admit, I miss the snow since I moved here. But, I don't miss the long, dreary cold winters!
hahaha. snow is fun when it falls and the excitement of driving with the highways shut down and no one around but people spun out. but the min the last flake falls i want it all to melt! being a mechanic in snow sucks!!!!!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what a week....gear up for cold snap, went to put cap on chimney of barn...got it on and fell off the ladder like clark griswald! haha pulled something in neck....get home from work next day to no heat, get it going and wake up to no heat again, after work i replaced a bad thermocouple and removed a frozen bird nest out of exhaust pipe...that took forever to get out. blocked pipe 95%, no wonder i kept getting headaches! lucky i did not die from co poisoning...all of this while it is 15 degrees out, took till 2 am to get barn up to 65 deg so i could shower and sleep. next day i come home to frozen pipes! installed ducting and a fan in the attic to push heat to shower side of the barn, and put heater near pipes in basement...got water to second floor but not my shower, so no shower eww....next day fixing a plow at work and twisted ankle bad, hobbling around now...get home and still no water....work all night and get it going, shower and sleep.

walk downstairs for work next day and its snowing...white out! well im taking truck today. she started! not plugged in or started in a week, at 20 degrees! drive about a mile and look down and see 4wd button flashing, i punch it and it was working so said screw it and kept going. get to work, at break i drive down the road for a coffee, 4wd button still flashing, get coffee, go to leave and im sideways, no 4wd! fight it back to work, now we have like 8" snow on roads, no plows, i park in shop to try to defrost (i hear the front thermo switch freezes). after an hour i pull out and 4wd light is solid now. park it...end of day, stopped snowing and plowed, try and flashes...dont need it, drive home. get home and hit it to get up driveway, about a foot of snow up here, light flashing again and no 4wd, almost get stuck. park, hour later dads plowing and says move your truck, i got stuck 3 times!
so now i gotta fix the 4wd....i hear it clunk from 4 hi to 4 low, and soldered my switch a few years ago, and no dash light for service 4x4...but it doesn't light when keyed so may not have a bulb. (hey would that be the problem?) so im thinking its the thermo switch, but pretty sure someone switched mine to the electric motor, its long and black plastic and somewhere near driver side of tranny had a wire tapped into a brown wire,i soldered that connection when i did tranny and think i remember something about converting to the electric switch you have to tap a brown wire.......

so that's my crazy week and all is fixed for surviving this **** weather except for my truck. gotta looking into it now.

boy texas is looking good now....i check the weather and it said high was 72...it was like 20 here.