96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay, been working on the truck a lot....i replaced my radiator support a few years ago, got cheap one, its paper thin, screws strip going in its so thin. it dented and fell apart. so while im doing all the body mount stuff i want to replace.....
i ordered from gmpartsdirect and put vin in, they got back to me with part wont fit vin, said this number will fit....but its discontinued....wtf!

what are you guys doing for radiator supports? 2500 hd diesel is different i guess.....whats different? anyone find any good ones? gotta order that and inner fenders today and dont want crap that wont last......any info will help. thanks!

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Andddd......I'm in Texas!!!! Not moved, but my friend and I flew down one way to buy a gto for him and drive it back. Got to Dallas and cars a junk. Did not buy it. So looking for muscle cars and stuff to do in the dfw area.....will be here a few days.
Did I mention OMG I love it here and can not wait to move!!!!!

**** I was in Dallas that weekend too. lol
Too bad I didn't see this post over the weekend. I was at LKQ and saw a very clean 6.5 truck that was very complete, even had a smoothie diesel bumper.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
this is what we got in texas and drove to CT last week....70 dodge challenger r/t...440 4bbl, 4 speed.....
You must be registered for see images attach

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i had two body lift blocks go through the floor!

frame pads very broken.....been welded a few times....

this is the fix i came up with!

mounted......i made them 3" taller and removed the lift blocks....now the body mount hits the floor, it is wider and curved to spread weight better and not poke through.

gotta clean up the welds...welder not powerful enough to get good burn on such thick medal.

shes getting there....got floor cut out now.....should have that done in a few days......need radiator support!!! ordered 2 and both companies came back with its, discontuned! dont know what to do about that.....

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cut driver floor pan out at spot welds and replaced the whole section. seam sealed and painted.....got the interior back in....looks like a truck again, still gotta make frame pads on driver side.
just ordered new inner fenders, cant find a diesel radiator support to save my life, looks like ill be beefing that up when i get there.
got my full tranny rebuild kit with clutches, steels, gaskets, bands, bushings and bearings, also ordered a finned, aluminum, +3 qt tranny pan.

never ending.....but im not giving up on her, making it right for my relocating out of this crap hole state of ct....

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was a diesel pickup at the yard near me. I can check to see if it's core support is in good shape if you'd like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
cut driver floor pan out at spot welds and replaced the whole section. seam sealed and painted.....got the interior back in....looks like a truck again, still gotta make frame pads on driver side.
just ordered new inner fenders, cant find a diesel radiator support to save my life, looks like ill be beefing that up when i get there.
got my full tranny rebuild kit with clutches, steels, gaskets, bands, bushings and bearings, also ordered a finned, aluminum, +3 qt tranny pan.

never ending.....but im not giving up on her, making it right for my relocating out of this crap hole state of ct....
One of these?
You must be registered for see images

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was a diesel pickup at the yard near me. I can check to see if it's core support is in good shape if you'd like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
that would be great. hold off for now, im going to see what to do when i get there, going to rebuild my tranny first, then pull apart. i might just weld and beef up the core i have now. will keep you posted. thank you for the offer, you guys on here are awesome.