96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just call badger diesel and be done with it. They might give You some cash for your pump. Or, find a stanadyne dealer and get the replacement part, if it can be fixed. BYou are definitely not the first one to have problems with "that company". Search the forums at dp and tts, and you will see what I mean.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would also contact your friendly better business bureau, they can be helpful on occasion.

Bummer to hear about your cab mount and house sale. You could always find a local property management company and turn the house into a rental.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Long distance rentals can be a pain. Especially in areas where the general public acts like dbags and will screw anyone over any way they can to get money.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have had a few tell me to rent, i have family here so would not be too bad, i dont want to deal with it. my uncle owns a bunch of rentals and he gets screwed alot but people not paying then he cant kick them out, then they get mad when they do and tear the place up. i just want to cut ties with ct and start over in another state...

just went to the trump rally in hartford lastnight, line went around building then snaked through parking garage 3 times! i did not get in, but the people there....wow...the protesters were retards and stinky hippies, black lives matter shipped in 10 busses of protesters and the supporters mostly came up from southern ct, and its just like the movies portray! pretty boys with popped collars and bmws, like full on snotty rich connecticut kids! its not like that where i grew up, i always laughed when i saw what people thought of CT people, now i get it.

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here is a video of it leaking.....i started it, ran inside to grab my coffee in the morning and came back out to this....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i found time and a friends garage to work in since my house is packed.....pulled pump two nights ago.

my fuel pump was 4 months old and 3000 miles on it when it started pouring fuel out, but i swear i smelled fuel from the min i changed it, just figured it was left over or spilled from swap.

found fuel shut off weeping fuel, then pulled and flipped over,
the big leak is coming from the Transfer pump porting plate locking screw on the bottom of the pump. it was not a torx like i thought, it was very hard to see in the valley of the engine. there was no tamper paint on it(washed away?), took pics, i backed the bolt off a few turns to inspect seal, found the fuel pump housing is pitted and it looks like its a crush washer, not an oring.

so the fuel pump housing is junk! i really have a hard time believing stanadyne is sending out rebuilds with such poor quality! think this sell is pulling the wool over buyers eyes and lying about these pumps being a factory stanadyne rebuild!!!!! i will be sending a message to stanadyne to confirm. but to all out there looking to buy, you have been warned!!! i was and did not listen, i fell for paying more for a " factory stanadyne" "made in the usa" pump.....regret the decision the min i opened and inspected this "new" pump.

new pump the day i got it...look at the dirt in the optical sensor plug!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

spray painted fuel shut off....used!

broken bolt in pmd mount....

more dirt in another plug on it....

look at how crusty and used the optical sensor and even the retainer clip is! my old pump looked wayyyyy better than this one!

they superglued the opt sensor clip legs onto the sensor!!!!!

try and tell me stanadyne would sell this!!!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here is the pump 4 months and 3000 miles after install......

leaking from fuel shut off....

bottom of new pump, look how dirty! its all from fuel leaking! 3000 miles! thats it! my truck is covered in fuel!!!!!

bottom of pump....this is the bolt pouring fuel out!

i backed bolt off a few threads, look at the pitting on the housing!!!!!! no wonder it was leaking so bad!!!

another close up of under the bolt, look at the pitting!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so now i paid $800 for the pump, paid to ship my old core back, was made to wait over a month for my $100 core to be refunded to me, and got attitude when i asked where it was.

now truck and driveway is covered in diesel fuel, i had to do the job again! need to buy all new gaskets now, i had to pay $30 to ship leaking pump back, and now i am waiting, with no truck (my daily driver), its dead in my friends garage, in his wife's spot so were both catching **** for that......he will get it on tuesday.....i will update you guys to let you know what he does......i told him in the ridiculous amount of paper work he made me do to return, that i want a NEW pump and i do not trust his rebuilds and do not think they are stanadyne rebuilds, or i want my money back so i can take my business elsewhere.....

we going to start taking bets as to what he will do to make this right? i mean, what if i paid to have this pump installed? i would have to eat the cost of labor because of his failed part? for some funny reason i feel like this will be a long, drawn out, expensive project, all while my daily driver sits blocking my friends garage!.....NOT HAPPY

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look into Kennedydiesel.com. Put a couple fuel pumps from them on the duramax and they work great. They make a kit for 6.5's. It's a ceramic, brushless, centrifugal pump. I've used them for coolant pumps as well on some work projects. Best lift pumps I've ever used. They come wth good instructions too, and company is great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Look into Kennedydiesel.com. Put a couple fuel pumps from them on the duramax and they work great. They make a kit for 6.5's. It's a ceramic, brushless, centrifugal pump. I've used them for coolant pumps as well on some work projects. Best lift pumps I've ever used. They come wth good instructions too, and company is great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i really like kennedy diesel, almost used them for my chip but ended up going with heath since i dumped the factory wastegate and i messaged him twice about chip, and never heard back, so i messeged heath, he got back within an hour so went with him. i never wanted to use SS for anything, was told not to buy everyone too, , just did not have money for new pump at the time the truck died, but i found extra money for the "made in usa" "factory rebuild" pump, we see how that worked out. wish i saved $200 and just got my pump from badger diesel, his injectors are working great for me....

in any case.....any pump you buy from a company as factory rebuilt should last more than 3000 miles!!!!!!!!!!