94 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
JCribb I love your truck. It’s very similar to what I want to do with the exception mine is a long bed and I plan to stay automatic.

Are you running EGR?
No, I deleted it and had the computer tuned accordingly.

str8fan7

Reaction score
@str8fan7 I solved my alternator issues, I needed a new one.
good to hear! you made the comment about something always seems to happen....i just picked up a 06 Trailblazer, first the upper control arm bushings fall out, then the crankshaft seal starts leaking, then the front diff seal starts leaking..get all that fixed.....now the lower control arm bushings are falling out....can I get a weekend where I am not working on a GMT360 or a GMT400?????LOL

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
good to hear! you made the comment about something always seems to happen....i just picked up a 06 Trailblazer, first the upper control arm bushings fall out, then the crankshaft seal starts leaking, then the front diff seal starts leaking..get all that fixed.....now the lower control arm bushings are falling out....can I get a weekend where I am not working on a GMT360 or a GMT400?????LOL

I do not miss working on a TB. I fixed a sis in laws 03 model, and it needed more work than it was worth. It still needs a whole front end (everything), but she ran out of money. I got swaybar links back on it (both were broken), all new brakes, and new plugs and coils.

str8fan7

Reaction score
I do not miss working on a TB. I fixed a sis in laws 03 model, and it needed more work than it was worth. It still needs a whole front end (everything), but she ran out of money. I got swaybar links back on it (both were broken), all new brakes, and new plugs and coils.
i picked i up for $2400. I have only put $500 into it so I am still in the black with it....

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
i picked i up for $2400. I have only put $500 into it so I am still in the black with it....
Sadly it’s the other way around for the sis in law, she gave $500 for it from another sister, and has roughly $1200 in it. It needs probably another grand worth of front end parts.

I forgot to mention earlier that I also replaced the gearshift cable, blower motor resistor, multiple light bulbs, and got the frozen spare tire holder down. It still needs three tires and a windshield for state inspection.

str8fan7

Reaction score
Sadly it’s the other way around for the sis in law, she gave $500 for it from another sister, and has roughly $1200 in it. It needs probably another grand worth of front end parts.

I forgot to mention earlier that I also replaced the gearshift cable, blower motor resistor, multiple light bulbs, and got the frozen spare tire holder down. It still needs three tires and a windshield for state inspection.
mine had an evap large leak and a secondary air pump solenoid issue...pull and pay has been a great place....there are tons of these in the junkyards...

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I took a picture of my gauge cluster showing the dash voltage, and my aftermarket gauge reading taken directly from the alternator itself, which is why I have a toggle switch in my gauge pod to disconnect the power. There's an obvious difference in readings, and enough of a difference to cause significant worry if I was to rely on the dash reading itself. No, I wasn't doing almost 75 taking a picture, my speedometer is off by 10 mph after swapping to 4.10 gears.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I had also heard a pop, or loud noise from the suspension area when I parked at a parking spot at the store. Upon further inspection, I found that somehow, I was missing the castle nut and cotter pin from my pitman arm. Now the only logical conclusion is the shop that did my gearing messed with it, why I don't know, but I have no other people around me to mess with my truck.

I also took notice that it was high time to do some R&R on the sway bar links and bushings. What I removed was clearly the original parts.

Pictures:

The new parts and my helpers (my nieces) and a visitor named lizard:

Lizard

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Okay so I went to drive the truck the other day, and it was a no go. Battery voltage was 2.5 volts.

Now if you recall I shared a picture of my voltage readings are completely different. So I figured out that my alternator wasn’t being “turned on” but the bulb is fine. So I’m still scratching my head at what the problem is.