94 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Christmas came early for me this year, as my gears and locker showed up yesterday.

You must be registered for see images attach

Trutrac:

Mag Hytec diff cover:

All of this gets installed next week :)

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I had electric fan issues, so I had to investigate, and it turned out to be the ground for the fan motors had come undone due to vibration. So I soldered the negative and positive wires to ensure it wouldn't come apart again.

I did have a helper though:

Ed_P

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
serious bumper ... bet the guy in the focus is glad that didn't hit him

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Well my truck should be coming home today. The old powertrax lsd was locked in on one side and not the other, so that was a waste of $450.

The Detroit locker (trutrac) is in there now, so I should have no issues with traction now. The complaint I got from the shop was the bolts for the mag-hytec diff cover was the bolts were too long, so they had to be shimmed with washers. I do certainly like the shop I chose, because they went ahead and did the axle seals, even though I didn’t supply them.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
So test drive done and such, you may ask what’s it like with the trutrac in it? Well for the folks that have never had one, it’s worth every last penny it takes to buy it. No noise, smooth traction, no binding etc. I am obviously in the 500 mile break in process, so I cannot get rough with it or tow just yet, but I’m anxious to try it .

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Now I’m chasing a charge problem, and it is always something isn’t it?

randomguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
JCribb I love your truck. It’s very similar to what I want to do with the exception mine is a long bed and I plan to stay automatic.

Are you running EGR?