88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freightliner directionals

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

/end discussion

:hidesbehindsofa:

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

/end discussion

Meh, leaves me cold.

Doesn't look like something that could have been factory...

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
The 08 wheels should fit, but the 2011+ wheels will not.

Keep in mind those 08 wheels are just steel wheels with chrome plastic covers though.

I wonder how the factory wheels would look stripped and polished...

My vote would be clean up the factory wheels or find Alcoas. It's sad how limited your wheel choices are with an 8 lug dually.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

Keep in mind those 08 wheels are just steel wheels with chrome plastic covers though....

Best damned plastic covers I've ever seen then.

I'd run those and be quite happy about it.

Only thing that would grind my gears would be I wouldn't be getting any weight savings over the steel wheels.....

Edit*

sure enough, you can tell they're covers in this pic:

still, I'd run 'em and they must be pretty cheap compared to a full AL wheel....

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score

Keep in mind those 08 wheels are just steel wheels with chrome plastic covers though.

My vote would be clean up the factory wheels or find Alcoas. It's sad how limited your wheel choices are with an 8 lug dually.

Wait wait wait wait...what? Plastic covers on those wheels?? I always thought they were Alcoa Hotshot wheels? Everytime I looked at them they looked like a solid wheel.

Check out a company called Vision Wheel. They make some pretty nice aluminum wheels, I'd run some if I had an 8 lug.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I know you've mentioned you wished they made PY0 style wheels for the duallys. Well, I found a couple renderings of the fronts in dually style and I don't think they would pull it off quite as well as the standard PY0 rims even if they existed:

http://www.turbosquid.com/HDView/index.cfm/ID/688742/r/3/i/4

http://www.creativecrash.com/3d-model/gmc-sierra-2500hd-2wd-crew-2009-wheel

The hunt continues.....Alcoa's are looking to be your best bet.

:)
Yeah they aren't what I had thought in my mind.... Hum....

2013 wheels look ok:

not a super favorite, but ok.

The rears are a little bit "funkier" though...
I've seen the early GMT900 wheels. I don't think they would work well on a GMT400. Lines are just not there IMO.

I suppose you could do rims like this on the 3500:

Get similar style rims on your trailer and then the k1500, 3500 and the trailer would more or less match.

That might look cool.....
Alcoa knock-offs. Same model wheel on my 88 currently. If I were to buy new wheels I'd get a set of these, they are well made (although nothing beats an Alcoa). I'm not sure if I'm going to run polished wheels on this truck or go the monochromatic look yet...

The first model Ford Ranger FX4 level II had a set of 15x7 Alcoa wheel from the factory. Nobody seems to want them when they are for sale because they are narrow... My trailer uses the same 5x4.5 bolt pattern... I just haven't justified spending more money on it at this moment when it doesn't really help the trailer out in any way other than general badassery and a little less unsprung weight. Plus I'm still considering selling it anyway.

these 2013 rears look nice:

clean and simple.

Nice.

Matching fronts aren't as nice:

but that seems to be the way with dually's: you get nice front or nice rears but not nice front and rear.......maybe if those front center caps were flatter......
They remind me of the angular Alcoa's that they don't make anymore... The hotshot is the one I really like with the oval holes, they also don't make them anymore.

these look pretty good:
Alcoa Hot Shots. Probably my favorite wheel to date for a dually.

/end discussion

Boy I'm going to slap you silly.

2008 front and rear:

were advertized for 1200 bucks:

http://www.louisianasportsman.com/l...d=312920&sid=cff4edd98c05b4abc1e38797b38ae8de

Add says 1997-2008 fitment. Not sure on that though.

Those are probably the best looking set I've seen yet....I could see me running those on a dually and being happy with 'em.

This is David's choice to make though.....:)

Meh, leaves me cold.

Doesn't look like something that could have been factory...

If those would fit, I'd run them in a heartbeat!

Best damned plastic covers I've ever seen then.

I'd run those and be quite happy about it.

Only thing that would grind my gears would be I wouldn't be getting any weight savings over the steel wheels.....

Edit*

sure enough, you can tell they're covers in this pic:

still, I'd run 'em and they must be pretty cheap compared to a full AL wheel....
The GMT900 wheels prior to recent (I haven't kept up on what they are doing lately) are indeed a plastic cover. My friend's father owns a 2008 and he clipped one on something and it shattered, basically. They are also 17s.

Wait wait wait wait...what? Plastic covers on those wheels?? I always thought they were Alcoa Hotshot wheels? Everytime I looked at them they looked like a solid wheel.

Check out a company called Vision Wheel. They make some pretty nice aluminum wheels, I'd run some if I had an 8 lug.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't see anything there that tickled my fancy, particularly for a dually.

Last edited: