88GMCtruck's 98 Silverado Towpig Build: "Black Fox"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I would swap out for the same clutch you put in your 88. That one does look kinda skimpy...

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
:lol: I've never actually SEEN a bad cab corner, frame, front fender or bedside that has rotted out in a GMT400 around here.....

You. Be quiet.

:lol:

I'll snap a pict. It has a separate switch switch they hacked into the doorpanel right by the triangle cover for the mirror mounting bolts. I'm replacing the entire door panel...

I don't care for these mirrors. They are larger but I dislike the accordion thing on them and to top that off, their up and down vision sucks compared to the GMT800 mirrors. It's a big deal for towing and even just general driving in this truck - as is I have to pick seeing behind me or being able to watch the tire/fender sticking out. Not very useful.

The driver mirror is a little tired anyway. Motor on that one needs replaced I think.

x2 IMO the GMT-800 mirrors are about the most useful. Having lots of up and down vision is extremely important when backing something tall into tight spaces. The fact they look way better is just a bonus.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I think I would swap out for the same clutch you put in your 88. That one does look kinda skimpy...
I'm thinking I'll run the OE replacement for now. Truck isn't going to be pulling anything more than the 88 does and has less power. I haven't heard any problems with the OEM ones...

You. Be quiet.

:lol:

x2 IMO the GMT-800 mirrors are about the most useful. Having lots of up and down vision is extremely important when backing something tall into tight spaces. The fact they look way better is just a bonus.

Agreed.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
2013 wheels look ok:

You must be registered for see images

not a super favorite, but ok.

The rears are a little bit "funkier" though...

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I know you've mentioned you wished they made PY0 style wheels for the duallys. Well, I found a couple renderings of the fronts in dually style and I don't think they would pull it off quite as well as the standard PY0 rims even if they existed:

http://www.turbosquid.com/HDView/index.cfm/ID/688742/r/3/i/4

http://www.creativecrash.com/3d-model/gmc-sierra-2500hd-2wd-crew-2009-wheel

The hunt continues.....Alcoa's are looking to be your best bet.

:)

Too bad those don't exist...personally love the look of them. Hard to say how they'd look in person though

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I suppose you could do rims like this on the 3500:

You must be registered for see images attach

Get similar style rims on your trailer and then the k1500, 3500 and the trailer would more or less match.

That might look cool.....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
these 2013 rears look nice:

clean and simple.

Nice.

Matching fronts aren't as nice:

but that seems to be the way with dually's: you get nice front or nice rears but not nice front and rear.......maybe if those front center caps were flatter......