77Conours's 1995 ECSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
how bad do your 35"s rub and where at? I'm wanting to put some on mine... probably Courser C/T or M/T, I was just curious because it looks like your offset is similar to mine. How much are you cranked?

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how bad do your 35"s rub and where at? I'm wanting to put some on mine... probably Courser C/T or M/T, I was just curious because it looks like your offset is similar to mine. How much are you cranked?

Not sure how I missed this but.... I used to rub at full steer when turning left and I was cranked as far as I could go. After all that suspension/alignment crap I had at the beginning of the month the 4x4 decranked a little and now I rub right inner fender when turning and going over a bump....not sure why but it doesn't happen that often.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty big update here, I finished my stereo install last night! :High 5: I want to get one of Baron's big 3 wiring kits eventually and I may move up to a Kicker 1000 watt amp as well.

Right now my system consists of:

-Alpine 124 CDE SXM head unit - Crutchfield
-XM Tuner (came with head unit) - Crutchfield
-Kicker 6.5's in the doors - Harrisburg Radio Lab
-Kicker 4.6's in the rear panels - Harrisburg Radio Lab
-2 12" Kicker CVX's in a front firing box under the rear seat - Crutchfield (not sure where I got the box)
-Cerwin Vega Stealth 800 watt digital amplifier - Sonic Electronix
-Lightning Audio amp wiring kit - Pep Boys (FREE)

You must be registered for see images attach

Next on the list is to have my HD light harness, HIDs, smoked housings, and KC Daylighters installed! This will probably be done towards the end of next month or early April.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They hit hard enough for me especially because I listen to mostly country now. However I of course adjust the sub and bass level on my head unit. The subs have about 400 watts each.

No problem Charles! Glad I could help!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much going on here. Truck is still in for repairs.

I've been debating if I will keep or sell the truck. The miss fire I've been having is either related to bad cap, rotor, or wires OR a burnt valve. Should a valve be burnt out the truck is going up for sale no questions asked. I want to take a loan out and get a 2003-2007 truck but being a full time college student with a part time low paying job is putting a big damper on that. So I have 2 back up trucks ready should I sell mine.

1. My uncle's fiance has a 1997 Z71 that she might sell and its in good shape
2. A 1994 F-250 with an IDI diesel, only I'm a little nervous about the automatic transmission as the truck has 282k on it. So that might need rebuilt but the price is right

Bottom line, if I keep my current truck it will continue to nickel and dime me. If I get a new truck I'll have ungodly payments and won't have the chance to modify it. I hope to have everything fixed by Friday and go from there.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
don't buy a new truck. It isn't worth it. Nickle and dimes out of the blue are better than consistent hundred dollar bills every month, not to mention the problems they aren't "supposed" to have. I know it is tempting, but newer isn't always better. There are lemons though and sometimes old ones do need to be rebuilt, but once they are they can run circles around anything they roll off the line.

On top of that, having a "nice" truck is going to be more restricting. You'll be afraid to hurt it, scratch it, yada yada

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went to the spring Carlisle swap meet yesterday and got my Pypes Violator mufflers, and 3" exhaust tips for $140. There was a man and woman from Maryland who had almost EVERYTHING for our trucks and some 99-06 stuff. Comp/Temp mirrors, center consoles in every color, complete step side bed you name it. I bought a blue cup holder from him for $10 because mine is broken. I also scored a 1 of a kind tailgate. His neighbor took a factory one and cut it apart, and re-welded it together. It uses the factory tailgate handle and needs a paint job, I'll probably primer it sometime this week and get spray paint in a blue that is close to my truck's color Also had a sticker made for it but by the time my mom sees it today it probably won't be on there anymore.....

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some more exhaust goodies today. My ceramic coated Hooker headers and my Hooker header exhaust kit. I'm still waiting on my Magnaflow catalytic converters and I still need an O2 sensor but I found one on Rock Auto for $46.89 instead of the $105 a local Chevrolet dealer wants. After this my HIDs, smoked lenses, and other things will be going on. I will be ditching my brush guard and mounting my KC lights on to my bumper until I can get a Tough Country bumper made. But after the lights will come the rebuilding of the IFS with all Moog parts. Can anyone chime in and tell me what all parts I need other than tie rod ends, pitman, and idler arm? I also had my control arm bushings replaced.