Skeletal's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another update but not a fun one sadly.

Well this is the post I didn't want to put up. The time has come for her to be re-homed. After the next repair she's going up for sale, I love this truck but I can't keep putting money into her. Going to swap the lights out for stock ones, clean her up and do some little things, then swap the old lights over to Abigail. Really don't want to sell it, is my favorite truck and turned it into what I wanted but it's not fusible for me at this moment.

Going to drive the hoe for awhile once again (the stereo removal won't be happening for a bit, for the people who follow my other project) while I figure out what to find next. Either save up some cash to get a newer 14 Silverado/Sierra or find a nice older sports or luxury car like a G35/37, IS350, M45, LS430, etc and have some money left.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit a pothole last night doing 10, this wasn't a normal pothole, this one was out for you. My driver control arm slammed on the stops knocking my camber out and my *ss got air out of the seat.
Those kind of potholes scare me - I daily a lowered Mustang. That's a car-ending pothole, and God knows you can't get the city to pay up. I hope your repairs are minor.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slowly been bring the truck back to stock, got the exterior lights and front bumper swapped back over, and did a tune up. Still need to take the leds/floor mats out of the interior, the GM truck box, the movable light on the fire wall (took both those from the burb before I sold that) and the K&N filter (got that from my first truck) out, then clean it up. Been dragging my feet pretty hard on working on it, is really bitter sweet. Need to kick myself in the ass and get it done.

(Since taking the pictures I put a bowtie in the grille)
You must be registered for see images attach

Going to pivot this thread over to my Tahoe since she'll be my main vehicle for the foreseeable future. Doesn't need much work, but have some stuff I would like to do to it. Mainly pulling the ugly roof racks off and a 3/5 drop, that being said I'm going to rebuild the front suspension and an oil change while I'm at it this coming week. Ordered new front rotors also but don't know when those are coming, the hoe has 14" Baer brakes all the way around and the front brake parts hurt my wallet a little bit lol. She'll get the parts ordered and dropped when the extended cab is sold, then once the hoe is finished I can start getting the parts and working on Abigail again.
Going to put 305's all the way around but doing the rears first once the current ones are finally toast, have 285/45R22's currenly and going to swap to 305/40R22's for a more aggressive look. 2 of the used tires I got were 70% tread and the other 2 were 30%, the balder ones are on the rear. Did some basic stuff to it after work the last few days, swapped out the lights with leds inside and out and the antenna for a bullet one.

Those kind of potholes scare me - I daily a lowered Mustang. That's a car-ending pothole, and God knows you can't get the city to pay up. I hope your repairs are minor.
Cost me an alignment, some uneven tire wear, and tierod on that side.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the ball joints and brakes finished, rotors showed up Monday while I was working on taking the front apart. Baer support is terrible, sent them a message last Thursday about shipping the rotors since I never got a tracking number. Never got an answer or an update to my order, according to the label it was mailed out the day after I purchased.

The passenger side knuckle didn't want to come off the lower ball joint, beating it with a sledge while a pickle fork is wedged in and nothing. Got tired of that and did the right thing, while mad I light it on fire and beat it like it owed me money, and it popped right off. The lower ball joint itself was very similar, wasn't pressing out very well, soaked it with blaster and gave it some heat but it still wasn't pressing out much. Once again I light it on fire and beat the living hell out of it with the classic "you dirty wh*re" and it popped out shortly after.

Got Moog and ACDelco ball joints and they pressed in nicely.

The driver side wasn't as bad, the knuckle got stuck on the lower ball joint but it agreed to separate on less violent terms. Everything went well until I got the brakes back on and hit the pedal, driver side line popped. Couldn't find a braided brake line in town, so ended up swaping both front lines back to the stock rubber ones. Still stops well, when I want to spend the $80 I'll eventually swap them back.
The front end shake is down tremendously, new tie rods and a better tire balance should make it minimal.

Changed the caliper color from faded red to dark blue and the brackets black, wanted it to look aggressive without standing out plus I have matching led's lol.

And the fronts with the rims back on, partially broken in.

I really like the looks of the calipers behind the rims, want to get them powder coated gloss black eventually. Going to carry these over to my next truck since they are one of my favorite non 5 spoke set's I've had so might as well get it done right.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fun never ends, drove the truck to work and back and the front driver side caliper was only half working. When I got home I checked the rotors and the driver side was aggressively hot. Took it back apart and one piston was stuck down, held the working piston down and pumped the brakes to get the bad one to come out then the good one got stuck down, also noticed a crack in one of the pistons. Ordered Chrysler 300 front calipers since the pads were for a 300 and the calipers look identical. Should bolt right up.

One day I'll have 2 tagged trucks so I don't have to get rides to work in situations like this lol.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
The fun never ends, drove the truck to work and back and the front driver side caliper was only half working. When I got home I checked the rotors and the driver side was aggressively hot. Took it back apart and one piston was stuck down, held the working piston down and pumped the brakes to get the bad one to come out then the good one got stuck down, also noticed a crack in one of the pistons. Ordered Chrysler 300 front calipers since the pads were for a 300 and the calipers look identical. Should bolt right up.

One day I'll have 2 tagged trucks so I don't have to get rides to work in situations like this lol.
I have to question why you'd get 300 calipers rather than the correct ones?

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to question why you'd get 300 calipers rather than the correct ones?
Baer didn't want to sell me another caliper, got the 300 ones put on and are exactly the same. I forgot to mention the rotors are 14' ones all around not stock.