77Conours's 1995 ECSB Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a good truck man keep us posted on changes

Thanks man! I should have more updates Tuesday or Wednesday!

Nice looking truck. Make sure you do the crank before the alignment. Otherwise you'll have to get it realigned.

Thank you! I didn't know that, how do you do a crank? I doubt the garage I'm going to will do it. And if I have an add a leaf, 3" BL and 35's how much should the keys be cranked to be level? Btw, I'm jealous of your Kodiak door handles.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You shouldnt need to crank to much. Its really easy, jack up (support on stands) the front of the truck and there are two bolts that you need to tighten a few turns. Check the height after a few turns.
Thanks I really like the Kodiak handles to.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You shouldnt need to crank to much. Its really easy, jack up (support on stands) the front of the truck and there are two bolts that you need to tighten a few turns. Check the height after a few turns.
Thanks I really like the Kodiak handles to.

Crank will be completed Sunday sometime, a buddy of mine works for a diesel repair shop and owns all of his own tools. He said this is really simple, I'm looking forward to learning!

nice progress so far man.

Thanks! I actually read your whole build thread last night, the rhino lined rockers and color combo looks sick, as well as your custom light bar on the front!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Small update:
Went to crank my keys today, they were already cranked. I'm unsure at this point if my 35's will fit. I have 41 3/4" clearance on all 4 corners from ground to bottom of the chrome strip. My buddy and I then agreed to start on my CB. Well his bracket didn't fit from his newer Cobra, so we decided to mount the antennas. Sure enough all of his drill batteries are with his dad in Maryland. My Craftsman batteries weren't charged. We only got one antenna bracket mounted, wasted day to say the least. Thursday we should be able to have the antennas mounted.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is back from the garage, for today only. The mechanic who normally does all of our vehicles was getting on our nerves changing dates when it would be done, etc. I told him just to mount and balance the wheels and tires and do the emissions. It passed emissions but he wouldn't do the inspection unless I got new mufflers, mine are rusted through which I was unaware of. So tonight its off to a buddies garage for a new idler, pitman arm, oil change, and "inspection" in other words, stickers. I LOVE the Fun Country II's and the additional ride height. They're quiter than my 33" mud tires that were on the truck previously. Only the driver side rubs when the wheels are turned all the way to the left.

Anyways, here's the only picture I got of it so far with the 35's:
You must be registered for see images attach

Central PA will be getting nailed come Sunday night until Tuesday evening with what's left of hurricane Sandy plus another storm front. I'll be washing and Rain-Xing my windows as well as picking up some new Rain-X lattitude wipers for increased visibility. College may be cancelled too. I can't wait to see how the tires perform in the rain. Updates will be slim in the next week.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck finally got inspected today Nov. 1st for October....I had 2 garages fail me for a 1/8" rust hole on my driverside cab corner. Also my mufflers were rusted out (holes) and wouldn't pass.

Here's everything I got done just so it could pass:
-Removed non-functioning fog "off-road" lights on my grill guard
-Oil change and filter
-Windshield wipers (Rain-X Latitudes)
-New tires
-Alignment
-Pitman arm
-Idler arm
-New glasspacks (Magnaflow)
-Rust hole covered (garage today used bondo)

I removed this little box on the back window, I know it had a little antenna on the top. Does anyone know what it was there for originally? I put my NRA sticker in its place.

Last edited:

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Paycheck was good enough to get my CB installed! My Cobra 25LTD Classic and my 4' Firestik II antennas were mounted, and tuned. CB bracket is a transmission hump bracket that requires no drilling, a little more expensive but no holes! I have to find a way to run the coax cable to the radio itself before its 100% good to go. Only downfall is I don't think I'll be able to wash my truck at work anymore due to clearance issues :(

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
My truck finally got inspected today Nov. 1st for October....I had 2 garages fail me for a 1/8" rust hole on my driverside cab corner. Also my mufflers were rusted out (holes) and wouldn't pass.

Here's everything I got done just so it could pass:
-Removed non-functioning fog "off-road" lights on my grill guard
-Oil change and filter
-Windshield wipers (Rain-X Latitudes)
-New tires
-Alignment
-Pitman arm
-Idler arm
-New glasspacks (Magnaflow)
-Rust hole covered (garage today used bondo)

I removed this little box on the back window, I know it had a little antenna on the top. Does anyone know what it was there for originally? I put my NRA sticker in its place.

Why do you guys have to go through soooo much for inspections, that's INSANE!

Here in AZ every year I go down and get tested, gas cap, muffler, sniffer test, run the tread mill for the truck and PASS! They don't inspect all of what your saying - WOW!

Oh and that little antenna, it's either a real or fake cell phone mount! See back in the day everyone didn't have a smart phone! haha

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered an HD harness from Baron and also got some of my LEDs from superbright (front sidemarkers, license plate, cargo lights, and back ups) but ran into a snag when trying to install my Spyder LED 3rd brake light....there's 4 wires from the factory light (black, blue, and 2 whites) but only a black and red on my LED Spyder.....also how do I get my LEDs for my cargo installed when there's nowhere to put them?

I still need to order a flasher that will work with 4 ways and my turn signals. If someone could tell me which one I'll order that hopefully after this paycheck with my HIDs and housings. However, I was in a fender bender at work. Another employee backed into my truck without looking when I was pulling into the lot. Luckily he hit my beat up brush guard and only scratched it. His Bonneville wasn't so lucky. I cracked the reflector piece going across the trunk lid and put a dent above it. He says I'm 100% at fault but admitted infront of 2 others he didn't look around before backing up. I was the only person mad in the situation he wasn't upset but expects me to pay for all damages. I feel I'm 50% at fault.

Other than bad news, I started my stereo build today. I bought a Kicker KS65.2 component set for the front and a Kicker KS46 4x6 set for the rear. I now need to find a box that will hold 2 12" shallow subs and an amplifier. I was told digital is the way to go because of size. Any input?