$2000 1996 K1500 Rock Crawler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Here's an early on video, before the drunken balls to the wall reverse mound climbs ensued.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Haven't done much with this pos lately till today. It still has a hard time starting. Lately I've had to spray starting fluid in to get it going every time. Instead of fixing the actual problem, i spent $7 on a low pressure fuel pump and ran a gas can under the hood where the storage box was (that warns not to store flammables, but where's the fun in that?) To the intake tube by the throttle body. I already had conveniently "proffesionally modified" the intake silencer with a paint cap, so i just drilled a hole in. I ran some speaker wire to an empty fuse under the hood, and to a horn button so I can give it a squirt before starting. Works perfect!
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That's a damn good idea man

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
And in case anyone is wondering, I did at least make sure the gas is sealed. That can had a long spout and I put it in upside down and wedged the hose through, and clamped it so it won't come out. Maybe i'll even consider throwing a bungee strap over the can too :D