$2000 1996 K1500 Rock Crawler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So to go along with the spirit of this truck, i went to go start it earlier and it sputtered and died, so i pushed my special button and gave it some fuel. It didn't seem to help so i pushed again and cranked until it gave a few pops, but still wouldn't start. Then i noticed some smoke coming out from under the hood. Popped it open and the entire air filter was on fire. Luckily i wasn't far from an extinguisher and put it out before it hurt anything else besides the filter elbow with the iat sensor and maf screen.i guess i dont need an air filter anymore :p
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
What do you think could've cause that fire to happen? Probably the air mixing with the fuel and sparks flew?

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea probably lol. Just pull the pump off the new parts truck and rig it up lol. It might actually fit, who knows lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I think that i flooded it, and pushing the button for too long caused some fuel to trickle down the intake tube into the filter

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If the MAF is ****** just unplug it, truck will run fine without it. Engine has a backup VE map it reverts to in the absence of a MAF. About all you lose is adaptive shifting.