$2000 1996 K1500 Rock Crawler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Pretty sure I chuckled through this whole thread... I have to ask... did the rims and tires cost more than the truck?
They were technically $300, the same as the whole truck. I had originally gotten them from my work for free, because the truck they were on was going to auction and they let me swap an old set that I had laying around with no tread. I ended up putting them on my old truck when I sold it to my buddy because I wanted to keep the ones that were on it. I spent a few hours with some soap, a screwdriver and hammer and took out all the studs. My buddy ended up getting a new set of rims/tires and I bought them back from him for $300. If I ever get rid of the truck for any reason, I still have the 285s on stock rims that i'll throw back on.

Last edited:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Soooo I might have left the windows down today and while at work we had a brief yet powerful rain/hail storm. Oops. It got far enough in to leave a puddle on the shifter boot. Glad I don't give a ****! It'll dry eventually. If anything it helped clean the interior a little :D
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Soooo I might have left the windows down today and while at work we had a brief yet powerful rain/hail storm. Oops. It got far enough in to leave a puddle on the shifter boot. Glad I don't give a ****! It'll dry eventually. If anything it helped clean the interior a little :D
Laughed when I saw this. You sir are amazing! I loved reading your thread about this truck, made me laugh a lot, in a good way. :D Makes me really laugh when people say "Oops" just gets me every time. LOL

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
So I got this for free at work today, well, actually even got paid to remove it.
It came in on an 09 Silverado and the manager didn't like how it looked since it had some rust. I was originally thinking I could sandblast it and paint it, but then I was thinking I might just slap it on this truck for the hell of it. Tomorrow I plan on driving this a few miles away to the dump on a dealer plate to pick up some free driveway stone. I actually took it to the dump on a plate last Monday, thats the furthest i've driven it since owning it.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Got some stone this morning. To make it easy, I just backed right into the pile so I could make the shoveling easier, as in half buried the rear bumper. The people next to me looked at eachother like I was crazy. Hauled it well, its got to be at least 1500 lbs. Tomorrow is supposed to be 90 degrees out, so we'll see if I feel like getting it out. For now, I took an old bumper jack and gave the suspension a little relief.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Actually spent a little time working on this thing today, stuff i've been meaning to do for a while. Over the winter, it would have trouble starting if it sat for a while. usually would crank and not even sputter, but after letting the fuel pump prime and trying a few more times, it would fire up. If I add some gas down the throttle body, it will fire right up and stay running. Lately it's been getting worse. I turn the key on and let the pump prime a couple times, and it will sputter, but not fire. Sometimes I have to do it 10 times before it will run. The previous owners had made a fuel tank drain, so I emptied the tank to check the fuel, it seemed fine, but I ended up putting all of it in my mower and put 7 gallons of premium in. Didn't change anything. It does have a CEL from time to time, but its for EGR insufficient flow and rear O2 sensor, which isn't there. If sitting still at idle and putting the pedal to the floor, it really breaks up above 4 grand pretty badly unless I ease into it. Checked 3 of the plugs, all seemed about average. Haven't pulled the cap yet, but I doubt thats the issue. My guess is fuel pressure, or the spider injector. I actually pulled the bed liner out to clean it after getting all the stones out, and found an "easy access" hole cut into the bed for the pump. so most likely that's been changed. For now, I unplugged the CTS so it thinks it's really cold out to give it a little extra gas, seemed to help a little. Also finally cleared out all of the wood i've had stacked up since last year, and created a new parking spot :D

Last edited:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Had a great bonfire last night. Also had a blast with all of my buddies, including our significant others having fun driving up and down this little mound. After like 10 beers or so, I went flat out and got it a little stuck :D I think there's a video somewhere showing how not gentle I was being with this