1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That doesn't matter. They still interchange.

Really? Everything I have read says that they aren't.. That's good to know in case I need that in the future!

Lost 3rd and 4th gears in my truck while going 60-65mph the other night. Transmission also puked all my fluid out the overfill hose. Needless to say, that was a scary mile and a half to the nearest truck stop where I could get off the road. Had to wait until 5AM when they opened until I could pick up some transmission fluid and try and get back to school. Left my house around 8PM on Tuesday night for what is a 4 hour drive back to school and didn't make it back until 7:30AM on Wednesday morning. All in all, the transmission is shot as far as 3rd and 4th gears are concerned, fluid is burnt by every definition of the word, and a rebuild is in order. Good news is, I've managed to get a great deal on the rebuild. $1,000 for the rebuild and that includes the labor to drop, rebuild, flush, and put back in!

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, still no news on getting my tranny rebuilt so I've been slowly crawling places in 2nd gear.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, still no news on getting my tranny rebuilt so I've been slowly crawling places in 2nd gear.

well hopefully they do the build right for the tranny, when i had mine built up i got HD parts on everything.. HD sunshell, HD clutchpacks HD gears, HD.. well you get the point, everything was new. also had the upgraded corvette servos and a transgo HD2 and i couldnt be happier, only thing was when they started tearing into my truck it all of a sudden needed a new front driveshaft+2new ujoints, tie rod ends, rear main seal and some other odds and ends, ended up with a $4700 build after it was said and done and that was with $1000 knocked off.. lets hope that doesnt happen to you.. but no matter what i love your truck, same colour as mine yours just has a bit more stock stance then mine.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well hopefully they do the build right for the tranny, when i had mine built up i got HD parts on everything.. HD sunshell, HD clutchpacks HD gears, HD.. well you get the point, everything was new. also had the upgraded corvette servos and a transgo HD2 and i couldnt be happier, only thing was when they started tearing into my truck it all of a sudden needed a new front driveshaft+2new ujoints, tie rod ends, rear main seal and some other odds and ends, ended up with a $4700 build after it was said and done and that was with $1000 knocked off.. lets hope that doesnt happen to you.. but no matter what i love your truck, same colour as mine yours just has a bit more stock stance then mine.

I was quoted $1,000 to remove, rebuild, and put back in or $500 if I removed it and put it back in. Thanks bud, I liked your truck too, it's like my Canadian half brother! Ha.

Well, $2,500 later she's gone... Sold it to a friend of a guy at my college. He'll have to get a new tranny for it, but it'll treat him good! Was sad watching it get hauled away...

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I was quoted $1,000 to remove, rebuild, and put back in or $500 if I removed it and put it back in. Thanks bud, I liked your truck too, it's like my Canadian half brother! Ha.

Well, $2,500 later she's gone... Sold it to a friend of a guy at my college. He'll have to get a new tranny for it, but it'll treat him good! Was sad watching it get hauled away...

[emoji32][emoji32][emoji33][emoji33] it's gone....? This thread was the second I read when I found the site

Sent while pulling out a Ford