1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice. Have you added a better transmission oil cooler to keep this from happening again?

As of now, no. I may look into it in the future, but I don't drive it as much as I used to so I can't justify spending the money while I have other bills to pay for.

You must be registered for see images attach

Well, exactly 4 months to the day later, it has a good transmission! It has a completely stock rebuild of the 4L60E with a corvette servo. No new plans in store for her and I don't think much will be changing for a while. Just plan on finally driving her again and enjoy her as she is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the purpose of a Corvette servo exactly, firmer shifts? And looks great so far!

Yes sir, it makes the transmission shift faster from 1st to 2nd which makes that shift a little firmer and "snappier". It's honestly not too noticeable unless you punch the pedal to the floor, but you definitely can tell its there.

I suppose I could give it a wash later this week..

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Yes sir, it makes the transmission shift faster from 1st to 2nd which makes that shift a little firmer and "snappier". It's honestly not too noticeable unless you punch the pedal to the floor, but you definitely can tell its there.

I suppose I could give it a wash later this week..

Got a link to the write up for that? Sick of my laggy shift from 1st to 2nd; and I couldn't stand my Suburban being that dirty.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I couldn't stand my Suburban being that dirty.

Well, I "washed" her today. Just did a few passes with the pressure washer because I guarantee she'll be covered in dirt and salt within a few days. The real wash will have to wait a few weeks.

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Looks amazing! I'm not gonna comment on that 4 letter word that seems to spread any time someone mentions it.
Have you ever thought about fender flares on it?

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Little update. Got the new Bluetooth radio and speakers in. Just need a few more LEDs and then the whole interior will have purple LEDs. Also tinted my windows to 5%. Let's see how long until I get stopped, ha.

Don't mind my tiny half ton here....

Having tranny problems. Again. Will be on my third tranny... [emoji34] The next few pictures show what the underside of my truck looks like: transmission fluid everywhere! I'm sure y'all will see it no problem. The torsion crossmember, driveshaft, gas tank, t case, and even the outside of the frame underneath the e brake cable was soaked in transmission fluid.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images