1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks great man

Thanks! Put an all new Delphi fuel pump in the other day. Old one wasn't bad, but the tank seal had fallen into the tank so sometimes the tank would overfill if you weren't careful while pumping gas. Plus, the float hasn't worked in the two years I've owned it. Now have a properly sealing, quiet, and fuel pump with a working float!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck has definitely seen better days. Somehow the rockers/cab corners got kicked or pushed in to the truck so now they are really rusting from the inside out. There's also a bunch of dents going down the lengths of the rockers, especially beneath the driver and passenger doors.

Other than that, not much has changed as of late. Plans are in the works to get the body fixed and repainted. As of late it's been doubling as a daily driver and a farm truck. Also about to hit 191k miles according to the odometer. Roughly 38k miles in just under two years, not bad.

You must be registered for see images

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Preliminary question to cover my bases while the real problem remains a mystery for now. Will a 97 4l60e work in my 98?

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Preliminary question to cover my bases while the real problem remains a mystery for now. Will a 97 4l60e work in my 98?

Nope. 96-97 are interchangeable. For a 98 however you need a 98-00 trans out of an obs truck. I think if you swap things out the 97 can be swapped but is not a direct bolt in.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope. 96-97 are interchangeable. For a 98 however you need a 98-00 trans out of an obs truck. I think if you swap things out the 97 can be swapped but is not a direct bolt in.

That's good to know! I have a buddy who totaled his 97 a few weeks ago avoiding some deer on the road and is now parting it out. I had read that some 97 4l60e's were interchangeable but not all because the 98 has a removable bell housing.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That's good to know! I have a buddy who totaled his 97 a few weeks ago avoiding some deer on the road and is now parting it out. I had read that some 97 4l60e's were interchangeable but not all because the 98 has a removable bell housing.

That doesn't matter. They still interchange.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
That's wrong bud sorry