1993 K1500 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2002-2006 Avalanche 17" alloys with mismatched 265/70r17 HT tires (for now).

You must be registered for see images attach

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks...

I'm between paychecks and waiting on parts to arrive (mirrors, seatbelt, and spare tire mount from classifieds), at the office watching a computer process creep along... so I'm trying to plan out the next steps.

I know I'm upgrading the cam and it has become apparent that I need valve stem seals. Not sure I'm looking for the expense of head upgrades since low end grunt under 4500rpms is where I want the truck to have it's power anyway so I'll likely just rebuild what I've got with some better springs. I'm also looking to do some long tube headers with true duals (going to dump out the sides in front of the rear wheels)... I also really want cherrybombs :gr_grin:

I'm seriously considering picking up a set of 4.56 gears to go with the 285/70r17 (33x12ish) tires I'll be putting on it this fall. I'm 99% set on the Cooper Zeon LTZ at this point... the truck spends its time mostly under 50 mph with very limited open highway runs in the 65 mph range. I'd like it to jump a bit more off the line. I also want to replace all the bushings in the front end and get it aligned in the very near future... probably my next project.

I need to order some 'chassis saver' paint from the Monstaliner people... very soon I intend to scrub down the chassis, paint it, and get started on the little bit of cancer that has cropped up in the rear wheel wells. It will be rolled out with some orange and yellow Monstaliner before too long (I'm taking a weeks vacation early fall to tackle that job... I hope). I'm also planning a Tactical Armour Group front & rear bumper... specifically to move the spare OUTSIDE the truck. I'll be picking up a 5th matching rim and tire so I can do 5 way tire rotations.

The list goes on and on... I need a huge line of credit and a month or 2 worth of vacation :rockit:

Last edited:

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lazy Saturday here... spent the morning tearing down and putting back together my mower followed by a quick spin around the yard. After lunch I took to removing my passenger side seat for a proper tightening of the bolt holding the back to the base (it has been in permanent semi recline). Was going to swap out the seat belt, but ran into a snag. Planned to install my new mirrors, but think I'll wait and pick up a proper trim tool first. I did get my spare tire mounting frame installed... it's amazing how much extra room there is in the back... maybe the TAG bumper with exterior tire mount isn't needed.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get a trim tool like the one LMC sells

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

That is the plan... not LMC this time though, I need new visors and got a catalog the other day that has tan vinyl ones (lmc only has cloth listed and I'd rather have vinyl)