1993 K1500 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not much done this week... other than drive it around, but the stereo 'aux-input' mod is now back at the top of the list. I just picked up a SiriusXM Lynx to use in it. I have to figure out what I'll need and place an order with Mouser.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I FINALLY got the missing piece to permanently attach the SiriusXM radio. I needed a 5v inline inverter. Here it is:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

The switch is soldered to the 2 data bus wires from the cassette connector and allows me to easily go from FM to SiriusXM. I took the 14v and ground off the cassette connecter for the inverter so turning the radio on/off also controls the power to the unit. I bolted the bracket to the dash, so I won't have to worry about the foam tape cutting loose. I also snaked the antenna wire under the headliner so it is mounted to the roof @ the passenger side rear between the roof rack and hatch glass.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks... just loaded up a shopping cart with what I need to add 6x9 in the 4x10 roof holes. I'm an old guy who has played bass in rock bands since 1980... I don't need or want LOUD, just enough to drown out traffic & the work day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2