1993 K1500 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, no plow here and the only towing will be a little utility trailer to the dumps occasionally. The set I just pulled off had 30% tread left but the sidewalls were dry rotted and 3 of them didn't hold air more than a few days.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
Yeah, no plow here and the only towing will be a little utility trailer to the dumps occasionally. The set I just pulled off had 30% tread left but the sidewalls were dry rotted and 3 of them didn't hold air more than a few days.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

they have awesome traction in the snow i hear they are also good in the mud havnt had the chance to try yet for myself they have a light hum on the road and you have to rotate them alot but i will buy another set for a winter plow tire

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any thoughts on 305/70r16 tires on stock 16x7 rims?

Anyway, no new work done on the Blazer this week... but the wife got me a cool Bow tie key chain.
You must be registered for see images attach

The orange thing is my fancy electronic cigarette... I quit tobacco products almost 3 years ago and have been using what you see there for over 2 years.

ksalling

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the Blazer growing up we had an 85 full size jimmy... Loved that thing. I wish you could still find them but they are far and few between.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Love the Blazer growing up we had an 85 full size jimmy... Loved that thing. I wish you could still find them but they are far and few between.

come to Iowa they are for sale all the time here haha

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haven't done much but drive it... waiting for funds to build and the weather to break. I am in need of tires QUICK but can't swing the $1000ish what I want will cost me, so I've been watching craigslist. I scored last night with a set of 4 OEM rims to match my original ones (but with the smooth center caps) in much nicer shape than the 4 I own already with General Grabber HTS 265/75r16 mounted that aren't all dry rot and/or bald. They look to have about 75% tread life on them... I pick them up Friday night for $250

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, the kid sold them out from under me... I really do hate people most days!

Spent a couple hours today doing an oil change and other stuff (Napa (Wix) filter and Royal Purple SAE 5w30). I had ordered the HPS stuff, but they got my the wrong one... they said they will hook me up next time because of the mix up. I also replaced the idler pulley / tensioner assembly / belt since their ages were unknown and it was chirping a little when damp. I think I need to rebuild my heads... I'm getting a LOT of smoke when I first start the thing and I hear the valve seals are prone to leaking. I'll figure that in when I swap the cam later this year.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hopefully I won't jinks this deal... but I found some NBS 17" rims I like on craigslist.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully I'll have them bought and installed before next weekend.

Ironroad9C1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea , I know its frigging spring now, but M/T's suck ass in ice and packed snow. I always had a soft spot for those body style blazers, I got a screaming deal on a 96 tahoe sport, and like a dumbass I sold it, I life the seat in the early models though, that ribbed cloth seat looks so comfy.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea , I know its frigging spring now, but M/T's suck ass in ice and packed snow. I always had a soft spot for those body style blazers, I got a screaming deal on a 96 tahoe sport, and like a dumbass I sold it, I life the seat in the early models though, that ribbed cloth seat looks so comfy.

Yeah, living at the Jersey Shore, snow & ice are a minimum. I've actually been looking at and considering Nitto Dune Grapplers (even with the rain/snow/ice suck level), but brand new rubber is a late 2013, early 2014 purchase if the used NBS deal works out. Plenty time to pick.

The seats are pretty comfortable, but the seat backs keep working loose (I'm spending some time working them today, have some lock washers I'm putting on).