1993 K1500 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I may as well start myself a build thread...

Here it sits as purchased in Dec 2012 for $1000 from the second owner @ 172k miles.

You must be registered for see images attach

I have DETAILED regular maintenance (mostly dealer) for the first 120k miles... the next 50k records consist of this:
Had head gaskets, heads machined, and water pump done around 135,000 mi. New distributor shortly after that. Had complete brakes redone last year, new rotors, pads, drums, shoes everything. Within the past couple thousand miles it got new cap, rotor, coil, and wires. As for what it needs, it is going to need a transfer case input seal, the tcase drips atf

So far I have done the following regular crap:
Oil change, Wiper blades, Bosch Battery (78DT850B - 850CCA/1000CA), Accel Distributor cap & rotor, Ignition Control Module, Air Filter (flipped lid), PCV Valve, AC Delco CR43TS plugs, EGR Valve, and Plug wires.

And the following restoration (of sorts) work:
Removed a Boa 'alarm / remote start / keyless entry' system that had been wired in wrong for a decade and burning up ignition parts. Installed factory stereo with cassette (had a beat Pioneer head) and replaced the factory stereo harness connector (since it was hacked in the upgrading to the Pioneer). Installed Clarion SRG4622C 4"x 6" dash speakers (had mismatched junk in it... at least now the junk is matched :) ). Installed dash mount cup holder since it doesn't have a center console and I don't plan to replace it.

I have a lot of plans for it that range from a Two-Toned Monstaliner paint job (click to see planned colors), TAG Multicarrier and Wincher bumpers, 17x7.5 OEM style alloys (smooth 5 spoke) with LT295/70r17 Falken Wildpeak A/T, mild engine build, etc.

I'll post more details of the stuff I'm actually doing and planning to do when I get more time tomorrow.

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks all... The body is solid for the most part. Little rust in the quarter panels that will need tending to. Frame looks good, suspension is pretty okay (keys cranked already).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the first purchases I made for the truck was this:

Full set of 4 GM issued service manuals from 1993... wiring, unit repair, fuel & emissions, and service. I got all 4 with the service code 'key' off eBay for $50 +$8.19 shipping :cool:

Here is the hacked connector for the stock radio and part of the mess that was the Boa setup... besides burning up ignition parts, it also would randomly lock and unlock the doors while driving.

Here is the rim type I'm thinking about picking up:

I'm up in the air, I do really like the stock rims that are on it now... but seeing a local OBS Suburban and a 2-door 'Hoe on here with similar, I'm thinking of switching before dropping the cash for a full set of new tires (which it needs desperately... 2 or the 4 have a slow leak).

James Hart

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would say get a nice set of 285s on those stock chevrolet rims.

That was the original thought... I got pricing on a set of LT285/75r16 Falken Wildpeak A/T (love the way those look, and like all the reviews I've read) If I upgrade to the 17" rims, LT295/70r17 Wildpeaks will go on it. Eitherway, I'm picking up a 5th rim and tire for mounting on the back once I get the Multicarrier rear bumper.