Yes, Another oil pressure thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SierraVortec

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Recently bought a 2000 CCSB 7.4L.. on the way home oil pressure was around 60 idling cold and about 40 going down the highway.. when I stopped at a stoplight it went down to about 5 and "check Gauges" came up.. could my sending unit be bad? which leads to my next question.. I got a mechanical oil pressure gauge but have not found a place where I can hook it up into the block to see if my electronic gauge is reading accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
Recently bought a 2000 CCSB 7.4L.. on the way home oil pressure was around 60 idling cold and about 40 going down the highway.. when I stopped at a stoplight it went down to about 5 and "check Gauges" came up.. could my sending unit be bad? which leads to my next question.. I got a mechanical oil pressure gauge but have not found a place where I can hook it up into the block to see if my electronic gauge is reading accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same problem with my 98 5.7