Yep, its a pile O, Jeep Wagoneer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Yep. I owned one. Mustache too!
You must be registered for see images attach

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with AMC. As the car worlds redh headed step child, I've always had a soft spot for them.

I'd take an AMX, Javelin or even a Hornet anyday. Even a spirit can be made awesome if done right.

If it were a Scrambler, Rebel or a Marlin you won't even see me flinch to pull my wallet out and sign on the dotted line.

A late 60's Rebel SST wouldn't even have me asking "how much"..

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love Jeeps. Daisy Duke taught me at a young age that there is nothing hotter than a woman in an open body jeep. I currently own the parts jeep shown in the ad (I got it from the original owner) and a 42 GPW. I've had 2A, 3A, 3B, 5, 6, M38A1, M715, early "Station Wagons" (pre 63 wagoneers) and several big body wagoneers. My favorite big body wagoneer was a 69 that came from the factory with a Buick 350, TH400, Dana 20 and front and rear 4.10 Dana 44's. I swapped in a 455 Buick because a 350 @ 10 mpg may as well be a 455 @ 8 mpg. I loved that thing! It was my "war wagon". I swapped in a posi Dana 60 from a truck and I just would buy any set of tires for next to nothing and turn them into "flowers" just for fun. For those that aren't familiar with the term flower, it is when you kill tires so bad that you have gone into the cords causing the cords to separate from the tire casing allowing the cords to look like the petals on a sun flower.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
I liked my orange beast. The thing was unstoppable.
It was a '77 Cherokee "S" model two door with a 360/auto.
It was originally a Quadratrac but a previous owner switched it to lockouts.
The 360 had a two barrel carb but I managed to find a factory four barrel intake and I slapped an Edelbrock carb (w/adapter) on top of it.

The thing had no cat (factory) and ran real good.
It kept eating mechanical fuel pumps despite my installing filters before and after it. I ended up installing a Carter electric pump next to the fuel tank and It never had anymore problems with fuel delivery after that.
It did "nickle and dime" me to death but the final straw was when the vacuum transfer case actuator died. I was going to fix it but the opportunity to trade the Jeep in for my '96 GMC came up.

Jeep gone, 1996 GMC Sierra Z71 extra cab joined our family.
The rest is history.

Interesting fact: My wife wanted me to permanently bolt a surfboard to the roof rack on that Jeep.
I would have done it, but it was somewhat difficult to find a used surfboard in Colorado.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really like the big body Cherokee. I had considered picking one up and hacking the top off and modifying a scout II top to fit but truthfully, back in those days I wouldn't have had it long before I would have sold it.