xXxPARAGONxXx’s 1999 Chevrolet K2500 Crew Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You live in the rust belt (I think) and I down south. I don't think you hate rust as much as you say you do. LOL

I used to live in the rust belt, it scarred me for life. I didn't realize this until I left and saw that clean old stuff is a thing. Aaaand I'll be headed back in a few years. Gonna get a sacrificial winter rig and hang a plow off of it to keep what I have clean.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tell me about it. That or power steering fluid. I still have to scrub the front frame to clean all the oil and power steering fluid. Not looking forward to that. Can't power wash it because it's in the garage. Going to have to resort to a scrub brush and bucket. F.

To Hell with that, let the oil sit until you can take the truck to the pressure washer. Or a hotsy, those are the $h!t.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to live in the rust belt, it scarred me for life. I didn't realize this until I left and saw that clean old stuff is a thing. Aaaand I'll be headed back in a few years. Gonna get a sacrificial winter rig and hang a plow off of it to keep what I have clean.
Don't know how people live there. They're a different breed. It's like another way of life. I was in Great Lakes, Illinois for boot camp and training for maybe 6 months (November - May). 20 years ago. Never wanted to return to the north after that.

I hear there are ways to take care of things so they don't fall apart. Like spraying Fluid Film on the undercarriage. Right? I read something like that on the Jeep forum from the rust belt Jeepers.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not a fun job. At least you’ve got the front end off. Need a bunch of cardboard boxes for mess mitigation.
Yeah, that or maybe buy a tarp and position it so water can flow off the tarp and down the driveway. (EPA, pretend you didn't read that.)

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know how people live there. They're a different breed. It's like another way of life. I was in Great Lakes, Illinois for boot camp and training for maybe 6 months (November - May). 20 years ago. Never wanted to return to the north after that.

I hear there are ways to take care of things so they don't fall apart. Like spraying Fluid Film on the undercarriage. Right? I read something like that on the Jeep forum from the rust belt Jeepers.

Fluid Film and the like help, but they really do only prolong the inevitable. If you live somewhere that the snow actually sticks, you get a whole different landscape/playground. If you live where it's cold and doesn't snow, then it's just a frigid version of summer. Not fun. But I'll tell you 80s is about all I can tolerate without being miserable. With enough humidity though the 80s are too much as well. 90s suck and 100+ is a bucket of nope.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fluid Film and the like help, but they really do only prolong the inevitable. If you live somewhere that the snow actually sticks, you get a whole different landscape/playground. If you live where it's cold and doesn't snow, then it's just a frigid version of summer. Not fun. But I'll tell you 80s is about all I can tolerate without being miserable. With enough humidity though the 80s are too much as well. 90s suck and 100+ is a bucket of nope.
Yeah in the old days (Pre-Fluid Film era) didn’t farmers just spray oil on the underside of equipment?