wtt- My buckets console for a 60/40

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It has to be where we could meet up and do the swap. Im looking for the 60/40 with fold down console. Im in DFW AREA

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
FYI you can always swap the center fold down console section onto a 60/40 with plain fold down section. just incase you find one in great shape! its harder to find the ones with consoles in good shape! and if you do find one with solid fold down section ;) well i got a console section ill sell in grey good shape map pad door and latch all good.
also if you find one with a console but the map pad door latch is broke ;) well i got a good one of those as well ill sell :D pretty easy to replace that part as well. just use small flat screw driver to pry off the top half of the mappad door itself DO NOT TRY AND PULL OFF THE WHOLE MAP PAD DOOR FROM THE CONSOLE! they dam near imposible to get those 2 plastic tabs back in the console! but pry the top door 2 pieces apart. they are snapped together with a bunch of tabs and the top portion of the door that is the top and latch in one comes off and you still have the inside bottom piece still on the console attached. and then just snap this one into place and if needed afew drops of epoxy to be sure it never comes off!
just cause its harder than hell to find one with a good map pad latch! those things are notorious for being cracked or broken off completly! just another horible design concept from GM that was overlooked!

o ya and if you also need seat belts... well i got ya covered there to in grey ;) LOL
and if you do find someone to swap with be carefull with the seatbelt bolts! those torque bolts can be a PITA sometimes! best to use a impact gun on them pushing down as hard as you can on them... tho every now and then youll find a set that come right out no problem. but its a 50/50shot so if you can be prepared!
just something for you to think about...