WTF happened to my gas gauge??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tuck

Reaction score
So I rarely fill my tank full, mostly it's at a half a tank. Hey, it's a 34 gallon tank and...well. So since I just put in a 383 with a small cam, running off a 0411 PCM swap I thought I'd check my gas mileage.

My gauges have always been accurate and no bouncy needles or anything when after about traveling 50-60 miles on the full tank I see my gas gauge needle is way off scale past full and only budges maybe a few degrees of sweep on key cycles.

I mean it's like at the 3 O'clock position? out of the blue? I have a new tank and sender already installed about 5K miles ago.

The ONLY thing I did differently that was different was that I used my e-brake a few times to make sure the cables are still free. And the gas gauge quit working right before or right after that incident, I know because I looked at the gauge a minute or two beforehand..

Any ideas?.....please