Woody's Black Z71 pic history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Grabbed both new oil cooler lines and adapters so I can just do it once and be done with it.

Smart thinking. Once I get sick of leaking oil I will need to do the same thing.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's done. Finally got some time to work on it tonight. I even tested it with a couple quick revs and it's good to go. haha Got the wheels back on and now all I need to do is install the grille & bumper to drive it!

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it on the road today. All was good for a few miles and then a mother fvcking brand new cooler line blew out. I know it was seated correctly...I double checked it...and it was fine for a while, but the line actually blew out of the adapter. So I hitched a ride home, got a couple of 3/8NPT plugs and plugged the *******. Now I know it won't happen again. Called a couple friends and they said they had the same problems with aftermarket cooler lines, so they also plugged theirs. Just a fair for warning for anyone who is planning to replace their cooler lines. Just plug them and be done with it.

I did snap a couple pics, though.

You must be registered for see images

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nah. Probably not gonna dick with looks at all any more. Now comes the time to play with the tune. I didnt get a timing light on it yet or play with the VE & SA tables.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some more miles on it and it needs a higher press/flow fuel pump. The stocker can't push enough fuel and it leans out above half throttle.

Bought an ACDelco EP241 for a 90 IROC that is rate for 50psi. From what I've read they flow enough for 300+hp, but still not so much that the stock return line can't handle it.

Last edited:

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the 4WD working. The tcase switch in the BW4401 was bad, and the single wire connector had to be spliced in with the 4WD on circuit. I also added a rocker switch in that circuit for the front actuator so now I have 2WD Low. Shift the tcase to 4LO and flip the rocker off. Bingo!

Been troubleshooting wipers without any success yet though. Out of nowhere, they're dead. Switch tests fine.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Put the fuel pump in and got the pressure to 16psi, but that's all the stock regulator spring has in it. So I ordered a heavier one for it...should be here Monday. While I was on ebay I also picked up some new black corner lights with a little reflector. We'll see how they look.

Wipers still don't work. The wiring is screwed up some how.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
I'm interested in the fuel pump change, And FPR spring change. I'm Doubting I need more fuel.. It drinks sooooo much as it is lol, But are you just watching your O2 values too see that your leaning out? Post up results, this is something i'm quite interested in.