Woody's Black Z71 pic history

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We got almost 6" this weekend. Poor Beretta & Camaro were out in the snow while I had the truck apart doing the new LS7 roller lifters. I gotta upload some pics.

Can't wait to see the pictures - we got a foot of snow here in VT, so I went for a little drive in my truck. Handled pretty good considering the roads were not plowed and my tires suck. all the snow is gone now.......

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Threw up a few pics of the lifter swap, the FP gauge and the wideband installed. Sprayed the headers with some VHT paint when I changed the gaskets since they were already bare. In the last pic you can see the rocker switch for the front axle actuator for 2LO too.

You must be registered for see images

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good Woody. I will have to look at your build thread again - your intake looks nice. A lot cleaner then my trucks engine bay lol

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a write up on how to install the inline fuel pressure gauge?

1 - Unscrew fuel feed line
2 - Unscrew fuel feed line adapter from throttle body
3 - Screw in feed adapter with 1/8NPT port from Cfmtech
4 - Screw 1/8NPT gauge in adapter
5 - Screw fuel line in adapter

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Played with the tune tonight and got it running really good. That's the kind of low-end torque I was expecting! Changed the wideband color to aqua too so it matches the stock dash better. haha

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
why did you go with ls7 lifters if you don't mind me asking, also what program are you usin.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OEM LS7 lifters were the same money as cheapo Summit stock replacements? Why not go with the ones engineered for 505hp and 7000rpm?

Using TunerPro RT for datalogging/burning/tuning.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
it was just a question dawg lol. and yeah i don't blame you. just asking. Looks like its quite a bit of work to tune your truck

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it was just a question dawg lol. and yeah i don't blame you. just asking. Looks like its quite a bit of work to tune your truck
I'm not ragging on you. I asked on NastyZ28 about the best bang for the buck roller lifters and it was no competition. No-name $120 stockers, $240 Comps or $120 GM LS7. Tough to argue on that one. haha

Tuning can be finicky, but I think I'm on the right track now.