wood grain instrument cluster????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sierra97

Reaction score
i was picking for parts today and came across a unique looking tahoe. It was white in colour, 2 door, 4x4 with a blue leather interior, but what threw me off was it was dressed like an "SS". The interior hade woodgrain everything, overhead console hade "SS" in big red letters on it, the side molding along the side of the truck has "SS" badges on it. At first i thought hey this is probably pretty rare, until i researched that a 1995 tahoe SS does not exist and was only a prototype, and the prototypes were green or blue, not white. I managed to pick the instrument panel out of it however, since in my 6 years of picking parts for these trucks i have never seen one before like this, is this an aftermarket or factory woodgrain look? how common is it? thanks and sorry for the poor photo

You must be registered for see images attach

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its an aftermarket overlay on a stock cluster,somebody added all that stuff,or it was dealer added. the guy that owns the parts store down the street from me has a suburban that he bought new from a local dealership in 98 and it has ss454 badges on it and woodgrain on the interior parts

sierra97

Reaction score
so probably pretty common? ive seen aftermarket wood grain interior kits for 95-98 trucks and none of them hade wood grain for the cluster

Chevy1500

Reaction score
I have a wood cluster just like that in my truck as well. It is the lighter colored wood and has matching wood trim throughout the truck. The truck is a Monroe Sport Truck so it may have been done through them rather than factory stock. I didn't see anything for wood trim in my RPO codes.