Will this 502 fit my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No , factory GM 502 . And yes it's a 2.3 with the larger pulley ..Love it

You mean smaller pulley? I have a 3" on mine, but am planning to go down to a 2.75" after I get some shorty headers and 3" headpipes. As it is it pulls my camper and trailer in OD, so not in a huge rush for that just yet.

Flying Skunks

Reaction score
I only tow in OD ..it really like it around 85mph , and only pulls .03lbs of boost climbing the hills in SC . I had a small (2.75") pulley on it , but went Larger for all the trips I just finished. Just finished a 6300 mile trip towing my trailer

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So you lowered the boost? Seems backwards unless you're trying to lower IATs? Sweet setup. I've actually always towed in OD even before the blower. For some reason, the truck was willing to do it most of the time. Now with the blower there's pretty much no downshifting at all and I can tow at 80 instead of 65. I no longer envy diesel torque, just their fuel range. Certainly not their repair bills. I love seeing these old trucks do more than haul a load of dirt in the bed.

Flying Skunks

Reaction score
Yeah , I wish we had a larger tank . My Suburban has a 32 gallon tank , wish my Tow Pig did . I generally run the larger pulley on long trips , keepingvtemos down . Then change back when I get home . That way I do not want to push the right pedal to much ..lol

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Grab a set of Vortec intake manifold gaskets and drop two bolts in them on the heads. That'll give you a good idea of match. Or not. If you plan to use your stock FI, the valve covers must be low profile. Any valve cover will fit into the truck. These are big covers. Covering adjustable roller rockers. These valve covers will not work on 96-99 Vortec with stock FI.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk