Will this 502 fit my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the heads.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A set of Bow tie oval Port heads. The Bow tie ones are more square that oval, the rectangular are a lot taller.

I’ve probably owned a dozen sets of these heads. They flow very well on a street motor

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A set of Bow tie oval Port heads. The Bow tie ones are more square that oval, the rectangular are a lot taller.

I’ve probably owned a dozen sets of these heads. They flow very well on a street motor

Do you know if the factory intake manifold from my Vortec 7.4l will fit?

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you know if the factory intake manifold from my Vortec 7.4l will fit?

Yes it will fit, be a little Port mismatch, but you can either run it, or gasket match the intake to fit.

I believe these heads are pretty much what Edelbrock copies for their “roval” Port heads

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it will fit, be a little Port mismatch, but you can either run it, or gasket match the intake to fit.

I believe these heads are pretty much what Edelbrock copies for their “roval” Port heads

So you’re saying, just use the gasket for the intake ports on the heads, line them up on the lower intake manifold, and then machine the lower intake to match the gasket?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure how much meat is there but if I had to guess the ports would only be like 1/8" difference.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

run96k3500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You understand that the first link you provided appears to be a home-built pile of parts, and this link is for a factory-produced engine with warranty available at any GM dealer in America?

Correct. The motor was originally order from Summit racing.

Flying Skunks

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes it will fit just like that ..port matched , and a Lot of Fun