Will a CEL come on......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the coolant temp sensor isn't working right? How about the MAP sensor or knock sensor?

My truck is still running wierd once its warmed up. Exhaust smells rich sometimes and when I stop at a light for too long the idle starts dropping, if I push the gas too quick it acts like its going to die out and sometimes it does. Kind of sounds like its flooding.

I've changed plugs, wires, cap, rotor and the module under the cap. Also rebuilt the injector pod and cleaned the TB.

It runs good with the timing advance wire unpluged, but shakes and has the wierd warm idle when its pluged in.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
map, yes (had one). not sure about the others. sounds like it might be the module based on the wire being unplugged being better running wise

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
you said you replaced the module under the cap

thats just my guess at the issue

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still need to change my fuel filter and get my timing checked. I don't know anyone with a timing light and keep forgeting to pick one up from Harbor Freight when I'm there. I'm hopeing that its just the timing being off too much.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I still need to change my fuel filter and get my timing checked. I don't know anyone with a timing light and keep forgeting to pick one up from Harbor Freight when I'm there. I'm hopeing that its just the timing being off too much.

sounds like it

95Z71Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a timing light gun today, unpluged the wire and started the truck. After it warmed up I put the gun to it and couldn't see the line on the balancer. Untill I turned the gun advance, I had to turn the gun up to 21* to get the line to line up with the 0* on the pointer.