Why is my stock 92 Radio "Frozen"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
If I had to guess I'd say either an FM pre-amp or inline modulator for bluetooth... I'm leaning more toward the former, as I can't see a way to set a transmit frequency. I've never seen something like it before so I can't say for sure.

H2814D

Reaction score
Pulled my CDM and its a 16147065. It is boxed up and going to the rebuilder - he says $125 plus shipping and he is going to rebuild it not just repair it.

Also there was this box which I think may be an FM modulator for syncing a phone? I don't need that if so. Can anyone confirm my suspicion and let me know if I can eliminate that or if its is a factory part.
You must be registered for see images attach
Can I ask who you are sending yours to for repair? I'm about to do the same.

H2814D

Reaction score
Mine went to a place in Florida called Factory Radio Repair or something like that. I should be getting it back this weeks so I can report back when I do.
Thanks for the reply. I saw who it was after I asked you, but at least I know for sure now.