Who has tried LED head lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm about to install the 4-high mod.

I was thinking about changing my head light bulbs when I do this.

I am thinking about swaping to LED bulbs. I'm wondering who has tried this and what they thought of the change. Are they a direct replacement or are alterations to the harness required? Also what bulbs did you use and where did you get them?

Thanks
Craig
I was thinking about building my own 4 high harness. Have not done that yet on my wife’s truck but we did I install high and low leds. Cheapo’s from Amazon but they’ve been great. No problems and they are two years old now. They are C6 brand. Build in cooling fans in the back of them. 9006 low beams and 9005 high beams.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I’ve been running Auxbeam S1 9006 and 9005 fanless bulbs for several years now on all my trucks and put some on several other relative’s vehicles, and the bulbs have been great to me. They are the only brand of LED headlight bulbs I trust, plus they are priced pretty good as well.

Just make sure you aim your housings correctly! Regardless if halogen, LED, or HID.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I help admin a family friendly forum for poultry and we have less than 5 words censored.
Which one? Im on byc & its nuthin but liberals who gasp at the thought of having to cull something or mention of eating a no longer layin chicken.., or if u dont have a super elaborate coop! U cant even see ASS ‍♂️

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I really just get edited for "Booger?
Isnt that just a wee bit insane?
Do you suppose that the worlds children will suddenly learn a new word and use it in some offensive way?
Booger.. booger ..booger...

ha... the first thing that comes to mind...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I'm about to install the 4-high mod.

I was thinking about changing my head light bulbs when I do this.

I am thinking about swaping to LED bulbs. I'm wondering who has tried this and what they thought of the change. Are they a direct replacement or are alterations to the harness required? Also what bulbs did you use and where did you get them?

Thanks
Craig
Yes do it!!! Way better get the ones that are high beam wattage you’ll be super happy. 4 sided Cree and 6-6500k must have blower motor on bulb no ballist box mid way though connection cord. Don’t buy the cheapest around $15-35 is what you should buy just for 2 bulbs lil more for all headlight bulbs.

Zerio29

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed most in the higher frequency range say for off road use only.

Should I be concerned about this?
That's just the company's disclaimer saying that they're not technically road legal and so they can't sell them as such. There's not a cop out there nowadays that's gunna give a rats ass as long as you're dimming them on time and they're aimed correctly. Depending on your state or province you might run into issues with the occasional inspection, but that's hardly a concern to me. It has nothing to do with actual on or off road performance.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Same here with Auxbeam LEDs from Amazon. Installed them on my 95 Suburban and they were outstanding, putting the OEM bulbs to absolute shame. The light cast out is so clear & white and projects so well, I doubt you’ll even need the high beams any more. They fit right into the factory housing with a little finagling (they need extra clearance on the back side because of the heat sink), and do need to be rotated “just right” to get the correct angle/alignment. I used my white garage door at night for a reference point to set the aim, with 1 side OEM and 1 side LED to line them up. Then put the 2nd LED in and lined up with the 1st.

I also have them on my 2013 Traverse and they are equally excellent. They’ve been installed for at least 3-4 years with no issues. And at $35-40/pair you have almost nothing to lose trying them out.

Last edited: