Which heads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You could punch them to 2.02 valves, but you'll lose CR. It's a guess, but you'll prolly end up with fuelie heads at best, if you cut for 2.02s.

On another note, 1.90's would still allow ~62cc chambers.

koke

Reaction score
i dont want the compression ratio as high as it is lol i was just wanting a better head with out the price tag.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Then stick to the stock heads polished and cleaned up, not going to get much better than that without paying alot.

koke

Reaction score
ok ill take your word's for it. what flaw all need to be clean up? just casting and gasket match? also maybe larger valves like 2.02 and 1.6??? i'd only be into the around 300 if i did, also probaly going to need to cut the spring seats if i want to run a spring and dampner right? i already have new valve stem seals, springs, and retainers just didn't know which head i was going to throw them in

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IF you put bigger valves in, you're gonna have to have bigger seats cut, valve job, bigger valves, and porting. You will not get any higher flow with bigger valves without doing some porting. And the machine work isn't exactly very cheap. And don't get caught up in the moment if they try to sell you a 3 angle valve job saying it's better and they won't charge much more or something. Trust me, if a shop thinks you are clueless, they will try to screw you usually. A 3 angle valve job is completely normal, but most people don't realize that. 5 angles and radiused valve jobs are the higher end processes.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, a 30-45-60 degree cut is a standard setup....the 15-30-45-60-75 degree or a derivative of that is the higher cost cut.